iamnm.com

iamnm

RE: iamnm.com

Post by iamnm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 pm

<quote user="site-rater">
Just a couple of things:
Your e-mail signup form is unencrypted, that is, regular HTTP.
Your ad server dataxu.com has a Yellow rating on WOT. When Matiks counted the ads, I am not sure if he actually checked the source or just counted the little AdChoices icons.
[/quote]
We only use adsense and it's partners, whom we're unaware of. Adsense is the only entity serving our ads. We just install the basic adsense code given, as anyone else who uses adsense would.

They have strict guidelines and we've been in good standing with adsense since 2001, when I became a publisher.

The email signup form is powered by hxxps://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-subscribe/, a very commonly used plugin. Which actually is encrypted via a key given exclusively by mailchimp. All information is actually being held on their secure servers as well. 100% safe

iamnm

Post by iamnm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:54 pm

And this is me. I'm a real person as well.

hxxps://www.linkedin.com/in/willbarnes3

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:21 am

<quote user="iamnm">
The email signup form is powered by hxxps://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-subscribe/, a very commonly used plugin. Which actually is encrypted via a key given exclusively by mailchimp. All information is actually being held on their secure servers as well. 100% safe
[/quote]

The plugin page seems to say nothing about encryption; HTTPS might help regain some of your reputation too (assuming your host doesn't charge an arm and a leg to implement it [I use VPS for hosting rather than shared, so I have full OS access], and I don't know if it supports the free Let's Encrypt certificates either) as well as adding a slight boost in Google's search rankings.

iamnm

Post by iamnm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:40 am

<quote user="site-rater">
The plugin page seems to say nothing about encryption; HTTPS might help regain some of your reputation too (assuming your host doesn't charge an arm and a leg to implement it [I use VPS for hosting rather than shared, so I have full OS access], and I don't know if it supports the free Let's Encrypt certificates either) as well as adding a slight boost in Google's search rankings.
[/quote]
We could just do away with our email subscription. We only have about 500 subscribers and we only send out emails about our new posts maybe once a month. I've had to rid of four of the journalists we had on retainer, due to what the ratings have caused. On our Facebook page, we have a place where they could subscribe as well, so I'll just got rid of it. Honestly, we don't need it.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:54 am

<quote user="iamnm">
Why? I just wanted to hear your answers to my questions. You've obviously have taken sides of the oppressor and I'd like to know why.
[/quote]

Are you kidding me? You insulted me! Your message was hidden by admins. Are you blind, don't you see I helped you and my previous message was neutral? I wrote it to give a start of explanations about what happened and it was not to be judgmental.

You don't ask me to answer questions but to snap judgments, so I will not do it.

Last point, I removed my rating but even if I disapprove your behavior here, I will never put a bad rating for this behavior, as it would be dishonest. And there is no side here at WOT, it only exists in your wrong perception of how WOT works.

Now, I have nothing more to say here.

iamnm

Post by iamnm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Honestly, we'd like to be on our way. I spent over 9 hours yesterday defending myself. Being self-employed, that's basically throwing an entire day down the drain. You see, if I don't work, I don't get paid, and if I don't get paid, I can't pay my bills, and so on and so forth.
I don't know what the users here do for a living that would allow them to waste as much time here, but I actually have things to do. This is also causing a lot of damage to my family financially.

Every one of our good ratings were deleted by an angry admin and somebody made false accusations publicly on our scorecard. Honestly, it wasn't hard to get more than 20 people of our 50,000 followers on Facebook that love our site to come and defend it with us, but even the admins here are out to put us out of business.

Since we've done nothing wrong to deserve this rating or any other of the bad ratings, it's really easy to see who opposes us at I am New Mexico. It's also very easy for the trolls reading this thread to think I'm attacking you, but in fact, we've been backed into this corner for over 6 months and the damages done by the inaccuracies of WOT users ratings, we've depleted to about 5% of the normal traffic we were used to having. 2.5 million pageloads a month, down to 200k. We can't sustain anymore damage due to the users here in this forum.

We came here with a grey rating and a successful local business and came out depleted, and with our reputation destroyed. Driving a wedge between our massive social community and our content at iamnm.com is a complete injustice and will be resolved by any means necessary.

iamnm

Post by iamnm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:01 pm

@shazza Is it you that deleted our good ratings?

What is the intended use for WOT? What are the criteria that determine a good website? How can you counteract the terrorism being displayed toward iamnm.com and me?

Can you delete Iamnm.com from your database, because we were doing fine with a grey rating before we came here?

We didn't come here to toss in the towel as an extremely successful local New Mexico website. We came here to change our rating from grey to green.

Having been an obviously popular local entity, we didn't anticipate WOT users destroying our hard work and putting us out of business by coming here. Mainly, because we didn't think this forum would be filled with such bias, and the inability to do basic research as to who we are.

What do we do?

I won't leave here until this is resolved. If you could imagine, this isn't a laughing matter, or something to be easily brushed off. I'm not going anywhere.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:06 pm

@those that have rated, yet not commented.
Would be interested in private dialogue about your opinion. Your rating is your right and will be respected and kept confidential if you so desire to discuss.
Heidi-Ann

Armored

Post by Armored » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:33 pm

<quote user="iamnm">
@shazza Is it you that deleted our good ratings?
[/quote] Impossible for Shazza to delete the ratings she is a Moderator not an Administrator. As already mentioned to you some accounts got banned probably they shared the same IP. I won't be deleting my positive rating or removing my comment. I feel sorry for you I can only imagine how stressful it would be to have your income reduced because of the way you spoke in a Forum or because there was a scorecard manipulation attempt on your site-I'm not saying you did that there is zero evidence to support such a claim. unless Admin post on this thread and tell us that your IP was connected with those banned accounts. But regardless this whole situation stinks
@ everyone
It's clear that the website is safe, they are not scamming people stealing your PII downloading viruses onto your computer ect Honestly even if the owner did attempt to manipulate the ratings (no real evidence proving that & yes banned accounts is not evidence) surely she/he did it out of desperation. Let's be honest now, who wouldn't PANIC if they had their livelihood put on the line because of an exchange that has taken place in a Forum. I'm not excusing such behaviour IF it did indeed take place, but just trying to be reasonable. I think we have so many truly dodgy websites out their that deserve a negative rating this website is not one of them. Iamnm said a lot of things that pissed off a lot of people in the original thread and in this one, but come on guys people make mistakes especially when under massive pressure. They do & say irrational things. Just take a few minutes and put yourself in their shoes. . Honestly how would you react if your business is falling apart because of a situation like this??
I'm not trying to tell people how to rate I respect your right to rate how you want regardless if I think it's right or completely wrong. Off-course I also have a right to challenge peoples ratings-that's what happens in Forums. What I really wanted to do is give another perspective. In the end all of us are only imperfect humans riddled with defects. . . . Ok, I'll get of my soap box now.~smiles~
@ iamnm
I don't think it's a good idea to keep posting on this thread if nobody is replying. I know you feel like you are in an impossible situation
(I would feel trapped as well). I still think your scorecard can turn green again in time. Even though that might not be good enough because you want it fixed now and that's fair enough, there is nothing else I can do to help I will leave it up to other WOT raters to read this thread and come to their own conclusions.

Armored

@ Matiks

Post by Armored » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:47 pm

<quote user="matiks">
Last point, I removed my rating but even if I disapprove your behavior here, I will never put a bad rating for this behavior, as it would be dishonest. [/quote] Man I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear that. I feel exactly the same and always have. Even if a website owner tells me to "go and get #$%#%" I will never rate them red or leave a bitchy comment on their scorecard. The worst I will do is simply refrain from rating at all. Only children do otherwise.

For what it's worth you have my respect Matiks