monitorstand.io

ryanlarsson

monitorstand.io

Post by ryanlarsson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:28 am

Site URL: http://monitorstand.io
Scorecard: View scorecard

Introduction:
Hi, guys. My website is basically about monitor stands, and we just help people get the perfect monitor stand for them. Also our intention is to deliver as many monitor stand reviews as possible. But these were just dreams about to come true until something recently happened.

So long story short. My friend and I decided to start a website: monitorstand.io, we made a lot of content, great content especially our buyer's guide, that has gotten great remarks. We decided to make an affiliate partnership with amazon to increase our commision, but it didn't help much since our organic traffic was at 20-30 per day, but in my opinion, it was in a satisfying state. So my plan was to keep posting content and satisfy our current organic visitors. Unfortunately, my friend didn't agree. He got greedy and invested his money into forum postings that lead our beloved website into a spam website. Out of anger, I kicked my friend out, giving him half of the websites value in cash and leaving the website to myself.

I recently noticed a lot of dropping in WOT rating. I am pretty sure my friend is deliberately sabotaging my website, with different IP's, or he invested money in some Indians doing the work. However, I can't ask him because of this very awkward relationship I developed with him Although I reached 30 dislikes and now I am starting to wonder if my website is really as 'crap' as the ratings or is it really him?

I would love for an evaluation, everything single information is appreciated. I have been working on the website for a while now and it saddens me to see people disliking it.
Best regards Ryan.

Has privacy policy?
https://monitorstand.io/privacy-policy/

Has a way for users to contact site owners?
https://monitorstand.io/contact/

Whois Information:
http://whois.domaintools.com/monitorstand.io

Disclaimer:
This post was generated automatically. All information is as entered by the site owner.

ryanlarsson

RE: monitorstand.io

Post by ryanlarsson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:30 am

hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/ ... currently/

Also I posted on reddit to see anyone responding. It got even great likes, but someone comments on the WOT remarks... Please help :-( This is starting to be a huge deal.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:03 pm

You have suggested someone may be manipulating your ratings? If so, please present all the evidence you have to https://www.mywot.com/en/support/feedback/abuse

ryanlarsson

Post by ryanlarsson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:20 pm

<quote user="site-rater">
You have suggested someone may be manipulating your ratings? If so, please present all the evidence you have to https://www.mywot.com/en/support/feedback/abuse
[/quote]

That is just a sugguestion. But the problem is that my friend decided to make a lot of forum posts (which I was against) and caused our website to be a spam website. I don't know what exactly I can do about it. I posted in reddit as you can see, and people is questioning why it has gotten bad ratings, and it is mainly due to his stupid forum posts.
-Best regards, Ryan.

spectre

Post by spectre » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Who is Sajad Ahmad please?

ryanlarsson

Post by ryanlarsson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Sajad Ahmad is my so called friend. He also goes by the name "Vexet". We owned the domain together until he performed those forum posts that endangered our website. So we agreed upon giving him half his share and I would be in charge of the website.

spectre

Post by spectre » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:38 pm

You should register the site in your name if he no longer owns it.
This isn't the only website belonging to 'Sajad Ahmad' that has been involved in forum spam. Hxxp://pcramshop.com has also been promoted in forum spam.

Please refrain from making further allegations about this 'friend' if you don't have evidence to back up the allegations.

ryanlarsson

Post by ryanlarsson » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:32 am

<quote user="shazza">
You should register the site in your name if he no longer owns it.
This isn't the only website belonging to 'Sajad Ahmad' that has been involved in forum spam. Hxxp://pcramshop.com has also been promoted in forum spam.

Please refrain from making further allegations about this 'friend' if you don't have evidence to back up the allegations.
[/quote]

hxxp://pcramshop.com has been my friend's earlier projects, I wasn't involved in that. I only worked with him in Hxxp://monitorstand.io. We both agreed upon me receiving full control of it. He gave me access to everything, and I gave him half his share, for what he has done for the website. He lost motivation and he is planning on to continue with his own domain hxxp://gaming2016.com. But I am now starting to see more clear why he gave up on this website. Seems like he screwed everything up and left a spam marked website to me. I didn't realize the spam warnings until I posted it on Reddit, the redditors loved my content but they kept telling me it was flagged as spam, that is where I got suspicious and asked in this forum. This is the truth, I don't know what more I can do, and how specific I can prove that this is the truth.

TechnoBear

Post by TechnoBear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 pm

I'm sorry about the very late response; for some reason I was only notified of this discussion recently.

I can't really say anything other than what I said at the time. A new account on the forum I moderate created a post (later discovered to have been plagiarised from another forum four years earlier) and a second new account replied, linking to monitorstand.io. A little investigation confirmed that the accounts were related, although using different IP addresses. (The same opening post had been used to start discussions on other forums in different usernames, again with a reply pointing to monitorstand.io.)

I have no way of knowing who was behind the accounts, and obviously I can't disclose any registration information about them.