redditstore.net

RedditStore

redditstore.net

Post by RedditStore » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:23 am

Site URL: http://redditstore.net
Scorecard: View scorecard

Introduction:
Reddit Store is a social media marketing solution for Reddit.

Has privacy policy?
No: The website is still new and under construction.

Has a way for users to contact site owners?
https://redditstore.net/terms-and-conditions

Whois Information:
http://whois.domaintools.com/redditstore.net

Disclaimer:
This post was generated automatically. All information is as entered by the site owner.

t-

RE: redditstore.net

Post by t- » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:07 am

"You may not license, transfer, sell, or assign Your Account without our written approval."

Also you are using "Reddit" in your domain. That would be cybersquatting.
You're also using the Reddit logo as your favicon.
Do you have permission for this?

Your whois address is also faked (thanks shazza for pointing this out).

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:29 am

Definitely not an official reddit site; reddit ditched Cloudflare late last year and switched to Fastly.
There are some circumstances where the reddit "alien" logo can be used, but establishing a commercial webstore that exploits the registered trademark is not one of them.

RedditStore

Post by RedditStore » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:12 am

<quote user="t-">
"You may not license, transfer, sell, or assign Your Account without our written approval."

Also you are using "Reddit" in your domain. That would be cybersquatting.
You're also using the Reddit logo as your favicon.
Do you have permission for this?

Your whois address is also faked (thanks shazza for pointing this out).
[/quote]

First of all, I can provide you right now 5 sites that have positive rating from WOT that re-sell virtual accounts from games, social media and more where its clearly "against a sites TOS" to do so. Please do not quote that with me, when you are allowing bigger more well known sites to do that.

Second of all, you clearly do not understand the meaning of cybersquatting. Cybersquatting by definition is;
the practice of registering names, especially well-known company or brand names, as Internet domains, in the hope of reselling them at a profit.
Can you please provide me either a link or documentation to support the fact I am trying to sell my domain or have the intention of selling my domain.

As for the Reddit logo in the favicon, I have read through the terms of service and it shall be removed.

The whois address after checking does appear to be incorrect which I am unsure as to why. The only reason I can think of is that while typing in the multiple address's as required I may of clicked an autofill box. This will be changed.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:55 am

While cybersquatting typically means what you say, misuse of registered trademarks such as the reddit name can also lead to liability.

t-

Post by t- » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:42 am

<quote user="redditstore">
Two totally different things. Infringing a trademark which I agree after now thinking over what I am actually doing is correct, but cybersquatting is not what I am doing and it just goes to show the utter idiots that post on here for what?

They know nothing of what they are talking about and your site will remain a haven for trolls.

After coming here to seek some advice, clean up my site I wont be coming back even on a different domain.

Absolute bunch of
[/quote]

Profanity isn't tolerated here. Calling us inappropriate things will not get your website's reputation any better.
Btw this may help you understand CyberSquatting better: hxxps://www.icann.org/resources/pages/cybersqua ... 3-05-03-en

procyon

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:12 am

@RedditStore,

Please, keep a polite and courteous language.

RedditStore

Post by RedditStore » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:39 am

Would one of you staff like to explain why this user;

https://www.mywot.com/en/user/7753574

Is marking sites inappropriately. All you need to do is look at his past reviews, sites which contain speech against his views he labels as "Scams", "Hate speech" and other.

I cant wait to push a submission to the top of Reddit about WOT, literally a bias and unmoderated community which can be abused.

procyon

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:42 am

Moderators can't remove messages on scorecard. You have the ability to flag it and if admins think the message doesn't follow guidelines, they can remove it.

Now, your site tries to impersonate reddit with same logo and favicon. Also, it seems your site violates some rules:
&nbsp;https://www.reddit.com/wiki/selfpromotion

Your site offers: "Need to take out the competition? We can mass downvote any submission with ease."
You should never, ever buy votes or ask for votes

Your site offers: "Do you want to promote your product or business? With our help we can ensure a quality submission that delivers quality results."
Don't use sockpuppets to promote your content on reddit. It's tacky and cheap, and detracts from your brand.

Etc.

RedditStore

Post by RedditStore » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 am

<quote user="procyon">
Moderators can't remove messages on scorecard. You have the ability to flag it and if admins think the message doesn't follow guidelines, they can remove it.
[/quote]

Moderators, admins whatever. You have users like the one linked above spam posting false, negative and derogatory comments about sites when they have no real knowledge of what the sites purpose is or what they exactly do.

Its like me leaving a review on mywot.com stating it falsely represents and slanders legitimate sites. They market a Google Chrome extension to help "protect" its users yet all it does it spread false information.

<quote user="procyon">Now, your site tries to impersonate reddit with same logo and favicon. Also, it seems your site violates some rules:
&nbsp;https://www.reddit.com/wiki/selfpromotion
[/quote]

Once again, incorrect. If you actually bothered to research your invalid claims you would of clearly seen my sites logo bares absolutely no resemblance other than the one word of "Reddit" in text format which is perfectly acceptable. The favicon is also different so is the design and the back end coding.

<quote user="procyon">
Your site offers: "Need to take out the competition? We can mass downvote any submission with ease."

Your site offers: "Do you want to promote your product or business? With our help we can ensure a quality submission that delivers quality results."
[/quote]

And what about it? These are Reddit terms of services not law. If they (Reddit) have an issue with what I provide, they can quite easily reach me on the multiple methods of contact I list on the site.

So by your logic;

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ebay.com

This is a false score and should be removed?

hxxp://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trks ... t&_sacat=0

It is against Jagex's terms and conditions to sell accounts, but eBay have allowed the sale of them for years.

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Office-Profe ... Sw9GhYen-r

These are well known to be MSDN keys, which are NOT for resale yet eBay have allowed the sale of them for years.

Another example would be;

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/fiverr.com

Also a false score and should be removed?

hxxps://www.fiverr.com/search/gigs?utf8=%E2%9C% ... ery=reddit

What about the countless listings here that use;

- Reddits "Alien Logo".
- Allow people to bypass requirements to post or create subreddits.
- Offer upvotes and downvotes.

Your logic really does not pave any credibility here. I accept the fact I am using the word "reddit" in my domain which does clearly violate trademarking laws which is why I have right now changed my domain and will be in effect within 24 hours. For arguments sake and to avoid any "impersonation" I have changed and created my own favicon although that is really clutching at straws to be perfectly honest.