Red Ratings for Forum Spamming!!!

RE: Red Ratings for Forum Spamming!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:36 am

@tom
forum spamming has been performed and you can verify by admins about this website and the thread i have refer which is deleted ...

against herd mentality.
And i think you forget to read whole forum guidelines...
See Para
5. Be respectful of others

Tom McClelland

Post by Tom McClelland » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am

I think that you're saying that the "Rate only sites which you know" guideline can be safely ignored if I can verify that someone did something naughty here with the forum admins? Are the forum admins really happy that sites should be red-rated on their personal say so? Perhaps they should comment on that. If it is really the case then why bother to ask members to red-rate the site at all? Cut out the middle-man and let the admins just force-mark the site to zero on every count.

If sites are to be mass-red-rated because the forum here gets spammed it seems to me we're placing a powerful commercial weapon in the hands of the unscrupulous. Perhaps the forum admins here have superb tools for ascertaining guilt without doubt. Much better than for example the tools used by hpHosts or Spamcop, both of which already fill that niche.

If you find phrases like "herd mentality", which is a mild and commonly used description of a common form of human behaviour "disrespectful" then I apologise for that, and I'll try to approve my manners in future. Perhaps most forums that I post on don't have such high standards as here.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am

I think that you're saying that the "Rate only sites which you know" guideline can be safely ignored if I can verify that someone did something naughty here with the forum admins?
No who asked you to ignore forum guidelines...
The websites i have reported here i got through a post which contains nothing than a marketing article..

Are the forum admins really happy that sites should be red-rated on their personal say so?
Again admins haven't ask me to post this thread and nor they will happy with any red/green rating...

If sites are to be mass-red-rated
I don't have any MRT and i can't have bcoz its available for only Selected Platinum Member...

Perhaps the forum admins here have superb tools for ascertaining guilt without doubt.
And what kind of tool you are refering for???

Much better than for example the tools used by hpHosts or Spamcop, both of which already fill that niche.
You don't know than i would like to explain you that Hphosts file is very trusted source bcoz its human operated and all website that are listed there are completely verified..

Perhaps most forums that I post on don't have such high standards as here.
At least i never use any offensive or any commonly used language for anyone here and not expect the same for me..
But its my personal opinion and you don't think too much about it...

Tom McClelland

Post by Tom McClelland » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:54 am

@anonymouse,

I think we're talking past each other, rather than to each other. Doubtless you feel that your responses in the post above are a counterpoint to my argument, but I don't find them responsive to what I was saying at all. It is as if you've picked up on particular words I've used but not on the actual argument that I'm making. Maybe I'm expressing myself poorly in which case I apologise, or perhaps there is a language or cultural barrier. I'm not sure. Evidently I'm not making the point that I'm making clear to you. We aren't communicating, so I'm going to stop trying, and leave you with the last word on the subject (above). Others can read our points and decide which of us to agree with, as ever in all online media.

siblingshot

Post by siblingshot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Is that ok that peoples try these seo techniques after knowing all these facts...
that the bots mostly use in these techniques spam forums..."

No. As I stated, the site ought to be rated on its merits.

If the site is demonstrably instrumental or complicit in spamming, then it should be rated accordingly. If the user is demonstrably instrumental or complicit in spamming, then he / she shall be dealt with accordingly by WOT administration.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:29 am

One more forum spamming
For those who needs evidences http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/10642-new-ecommerce-software-release
Cached http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.mywot.com%2Fen%2Fforum%2F10642-new-ecommerce-software-release

User http://www.mywot.com/en/user/2268948</>

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:43 am

@AC
I know it well but i have rated only for spamming here i have posted cached page of that link ...
Did i got something wrong about this ...Please let me know what you think ...

Tom McClelland

Post by Tom McClelland » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:37 am

I've taken a look round the site.

The hpHosts rating, in my opinion, is pretty clearly a false accusation (a term that I prefer greatly to the weasel words "false positive", which imply that the false accusation is an "Act of God" that the accuser has no control over)

I can see nothing wrong there. The site itself looks solid and reputable and well designed, and I haven't received any spam from the site. So I've rated it accordingly.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 am

As you can see the listing of hphosts is not older ...and i have again only rated for spamming here...
I have PM to steven about this situation...

Tom McClelland

Post by Tom McClelland » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:08 am

Steven has made it very clear, several times, that hpHosts is one opinion only, and should not be relied upon as an authority that trumps people's own judgement about a site. I know this, to my own sure and certain personal knowledge, because my own site was recently listed for phishing by hpHosts in error (there was no evidence to back up the accusation, it was a simple mistake), and Steven has apologised to me for that. He does not want other people rating sites based on his lists. Unfortunately the evidence is that some prominent members here, at least, ignore Steve's wishes in that regard.

As for the spamming I'm unconvinced. That message could equally well be someone who wants rating and doesn't understand how this site works, or someone who misunderstood the entire purpose of this site, or a competitor who wants to damage that site by attracting lots of red ratings from here, or likewise a disaffected employee who wants to damage that site. I don't see evidence that the site habitually bombards the internet at random with spam. When I get some spam from that site myself I would re-rate accordingly.