White Smoke Writing Software

Whitesmoke1

RE: White Smoke Writing Software

Post by Whitesmoke1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi Alpha and Jazspeak, thank you very much for the details post I have a meeting with the CEO and have emailed the Affiliate managers to hopefully get everything you mentioned changed and corrected. i have also discovered old files that could be considered malware but haven't been in use for 3 years. I am getting all those files removed. The domain is coming up for registration now and will be changed to the new owner. once all this has been done I will message you again for an evaluation

thanks so much for the feedback, we appreciate it here at WhiteSmoke and will be doing everything we can to fix it all up

many thanks
David Jones.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 pm

@Whitesmoke1 =

Welcome to WoT
I cannot click open the seal for Verisign , plus other security seals , is there any reason as to why , I cannot do this ?
Thanks

Whitesmoke1

Post by Whitesmoke1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:01 am

Hi SuperHero58,

I believe the Hyperlink isn't working.

If you use the link below you will see we do have a verisign certificate.
https://ssl-tools.verisign.com/#certChecker

Also I will find the latest link for Truste as the validation site is down although.
http://clicktoverify.truste.com/pvr.php?page=validate&softwareProgramId=174&sealid=112

I will later this week update this post with the hyperlinks being fixed and the posts to show that everything is real.

Whitesmoke1

Post by Whitesmoke1 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:14 am

I also believe MyWOT does a scan for the verification of Verisign and TrustE

You can view that on this page.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/Whitesmoke.com

Many thanks

Hope this answers your question.

David Jones

The Shadow

Post by The Shadow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:08 pm

At the request of Whitesmoke1 I have reviewed my earlier comment regarding a browser exploit that could infect a user's computer by simply visiting their main Website. After testing the site through multiple reliable and well-established scanning sites, I could find no direct evidence that a browser exploit exists. I have therefore deleted my comment.

However, my rating of red remains unaltered. A Google search for "removing white smoke software" reveals numerous complaints and instructions for the removal of White Smoke software that is often referred to as a "virus" and "malware." Many of these removal instructions require the use of third-party software to uninstall White Smoke software and trialware.

There is also the issue of several spam complaints levied against this company.

Whitesmoke1 is thanked for bringing these issues to my attention in a civil and polite manner. I sincerely hope that these other issues can be resolved in a timely and similar fashion.

Whitesmoke1

Post by Whitesmoke1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:05 pm

The Shadow,

I must say because of people like you myWOT is running properly if you ever have anytime for me to explain the meaning behind that
I would do so in details that hopefully you will change to a green vote.

please read those comments on Google you will see that any posts that actually talks about WhiteSmoke Software not being able to be removed was before 2012, If you would ever like to test this I would send a full version code to you and you can see that its a normal un install from the control panel. The posts are talking about a toolbar which is in no way connected to the site www.whitesmoke.com and even so we have made a easy step for them to remove the toolbar

http://www.whitesmoke.com/remove-toolbar

We are very serious about this clean up and hope with the coming months that WhiteSmoke will be a trusted name on MyWOT.

Many thanks

David Jones

Whitesmoke1

Post by Whitesmoke1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:54 am

Hi AlphaCentauri,

I will answer each of your points one by one.

- "You promise 50% commissions and offer the possibility of over $30,000 per month in commissions (hxxp://www.whitesmoke.com/affiliates.html). This seems a bit generous, or at least overly-optimistic, for a legitimate product that is expanding its number of affiliates so much that it is soliciting for them on its website".

RESPONSE - You are correct that currently over $30 000 is overly optimistic I have sent a request to get the number changed although I would like to mention we did have affiliates bringing in that income over the past years. The company is now targeting more of a B2B market and thus we have cut down on affiliates drastically. I have also taken the task with a few team members of going through every affiliate and analyzing everything. I have so far closed many affiliate accounts and I believe the list is now clean. To summarize the number of affiliates is now dropping as we are not looking into that way of selling anymore as it can be very dangerous.

"Your affiliate program terms and conditions (hxxp://affiliates.whitesmoke.com/terms) permit unsolicited emails so long as they provide opt-out links and so long as the affiliates use a suppression list to filter their own email lists. Unsolicited emails is considered "spam" by a lot of us here, even if it complies with the US CAN-SPAM laws".

I will say I agree that unsolicited emails are very annoying although once again this has been cut down since the removal of many affiliates. I can say WhiteSmoke will always keep to all US CAN-SPAM laws.

Regarding the rest of the terms there will be changes to the terms and conditions based on this post but since the affiliate programs have mostly been closed and we only accept approved new affiliates

If you Whois the domain next week you will see that we renewing the domain and all relevant information for the new owner will be listed.

I can openly say we are based in Tel Aviv as we are not trying to hide anything by having a virtual office in USA is required as we sell to many US government organizations.

I hope after these changes are made, I can finally get a Green approval from you. I would also like to offer a full version of WhiteSmoke if you want just so you can test and see that we meet the requirements set by MyWOT in terms of

Trustworthiness - this will need to be build up again over the next few months hopefully. :)
Vendor reliability - We have been in the industry for 10 years. We currently have a 24 hour chat/support service and you can always contact us
Privacy - http://www.whitesmoke.com/privacy.html Whitesmoke takes all steps to ensure the highest level of privacy.
Child Safety - There is no reason at all why we are rated bad for Child safety

These are what the site should be rated on according to my WOT.

I will keep you updated on the changes as they happen and thank you again for taking so much time to write such a descriptive email it really assists us in getting the community to trust the WhiteSmoke name as a great Proof reading software.

Many thanks

WhiteSmoke
David Jones

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 am

Thank you for your replies. I had not provided any negative ratings in the past, so there are none to remove. I look forward to seeing your company undergoing its renaissance in the future. I see that you are taking this seriously, and I wish you the best as you move forward.

I appreciate your trial offer, but as I explained privately, WOT member try to avoid any appearance of accepting remuneration in exchange for good reviews. Otherwise I would be interested in seeing how your software performs. I actually did a lot of proofreading in college to pay for my pizza and beer, so I do have an interest in watching the progress of computer-assisted writing.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:12 am

@ Whitesmoke1 - Will you be advertising to webmasters?

Whitesmoke1

Post by Whitesmoke1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Myxt,

We are not advertising to webmasters and have no plan to do so.

hope this answers the question. :)

WhiteSmoke
David Jones