Favour Required HELP needed.

Swapfire

RE: Favour Required HELP needed.

Post by Swapfire » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Why are you playing ping pong here? Site is suspicious. And I'm not against you or any other member in community. 1. I can't justify your customers reviews on your site and wot scorecard as unique- they sound like they came from one mouth. I just don't want to go to other issues since just looking at green comments on your scorecard (yes green) fail to justify any trustworthy signs to move on.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:08 pm

@ Sdamore,

Perhaps a little explanation for why it seems like everybody is jumping on you (myself included).

Your site deals with what may be someone's life savings (So no, I'n not that concerned about day traders, who call short and long positions much as the rest of us might gamble $5 bucks on a slot machine . . . except a day trader gambles a lot more money than a measly $5 bucks. Those guys buy and sell on margin's with a credit collector right on their heels).

It's Joe Sixpack's perspective that is the issue.

And with that in mind, most of us scrutinize financial advice sites more than some others.

So if you intend to pursue this site, you will have to be squeaky clean and transparent. You're business has a reputation for pump and dump schemes (I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but you have to admit your site hasn't withstood close scrutiny.)

Ever heard of Bernie Madoff?

Again, I'm not saying that you are necessarily screwing over people, but so far you haven't even passed the laugh test.

And the volume on the scrutiny hasn't been turned up that much yet.

My advice: Cool your heels, learn how to conduct yourself on the Net, and come back later . . . much much later. At the moment I think you've done enough damage to yourself.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm

@ Sdamore,

You play the role of an innocent site owner that doesn't know how to construct a site and just asking for help, and THAT may very well be the case. I don't know (though there have been some valid suspicions raised on that issue) and don't NEED to know.

The issue to me is not one of "scamming", it is rather one of TRUST. You indeed may not be a scammer, and as I just said, I haven't gone that far and don't need to.

Here's why. If your judgment was so poor that you resorted to offering a bribe (sorry, as I said, you can't "unring" that bell), then I flat out just don't trust any investment advice on the site you own. I mean, how did you expect the community to react when confronted with an "offer" like that?

Think about it (whether you did or not I have no idea). Here you have a community that offers something you want AND prides itself on integrity, and you go and offer something in return. How does that look?

You plead that you just made a mistake, but there's a fine line between a simple mistake and poor judgment.

A lot of novices come here and do things like make double posts and fail to include Privacy Policies.

They are examples of mistakes that don't necessarily reflect judgment. I personally don't like to hold people's feet to the fire on stuff like that, like accuse them of "spamming" (unless they do it again and again), and most will put up a PP once told it's necessary. Those are corrections that, IMO, deserve a "let's wait and see" approach. (That is a rating "style" of my own, and some don't share my tolerance . . . and I can't say my "style" is right or wrong . . . the only thing I can say is that I don't agree with those that rate red for double posting or failure to include a PP at first.)

And we have had numerous examples of site owners pleading with the community not to rate poorly just because they didn't know the ropes of posting or the requirements of a PP. And I myself generally am sympathetic to site owners in that regard.

But I am not sympathetic to your pleading . . . BECAUSE I FLAT OUT JUST DON'T TRUST what you say. Am I calling you a liar?

Again, I haven't even gone that far because I don't need to. You may indeed be integral, but for me that is beside the point. The point to me is that your judgment is poor.

So, the question to me is: "Do I trust someone and their site, that while they may be honest, exhibit poor judgment . . . especially considering it's a site that presumes to give advice on investing? My answer is a resounding "NO"!

I don't necessarily doubt that you genuinely want to "improve" your site, and you've come here for advice. And in most cases when a site owner cries "help" as you have, my sympathies are with the site owner . . . IF I trust them.

tellonem

Post by tellonem » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:40 pm

You said you did not rate your site, go rate it. No one can do anything for you until you do something for yourself.

siblingshot

Post by siblingshot » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:36 pm

@ Sdamore / Stavros

All these reasons politely cited and reiterated, and still you have apparently no inkling as to why your modus operandi impacts so negatively on your credibility. Are you a complete imbecile ?

You are dealing - rather optimistically - with people's financial security. Not abstract figures on a numbers book. Or racket.

Having read the exchanges here, there is absolutely no way I for one would entrust my finances with you; even in the event I knew you personally and had a concrete location where I might stop by to wave a snubnose .38 around in the event things went pear shaped. Why, I find myself asking, is this a mystery to you ? Do you have one shred of comprehension as to the importance of integrity in such a venture ?

The answer has to be a resounding 'no'.

For this reason, and this reason alone, so far as I am concerned, your credibility - in effect, the element of trust - is so deep in the toilet one would require a rubber diaper and snorkel to retrieve the soggy semblance of it.

Swapfire

Post by Swapfire » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Well said.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:22 pm

@ siblingshot,

If he doesn't get it after all this explanation, that's just one more nail in the coffin. Can anybody really be this dense?

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Some of the typos on the site have been corrected now. He's got a ways to go, though. I still wouldn't invest with a company that only has a post office box. And is this the same Stavro D'Amore in Australia? What's wrong with using an address in Australia?