Please review Algoritmus

Whoa . . . whoa . . . whoa . . . wait a minute here

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 am

@ kunalyadav18,

Geeezzz . . . where do I begin?

OK . . . let's take your behavior first. (And "Ronzii", who I assume closed his/her account and is now "Anonymous" and "absk").

charrox is a well regarded and productive member of the community . . . and while I'm not speaking for him because he is more than capable of fighting his own battles, is generally a mellow person.

Definitely didn't say anything that warrants what is to me, anyway, uncivil, rude, and crude behavior: "nobody really cares what you think", "This is the lamest thing", and "your deranged definition".

Now before you tell us these are your opinions, I am not saying you can't express an opinion. On the contrary, "opinions" is what WOT is all about. And it's not one sided . . . both the reviewer and the "reviewee" are entitled to their opinion. But what I object to, and I suspect others in the community do also, is your abrasive tone.

This community and forum specifically is a pretty civil place.

However, because we're often perceived as calling someone's baby ugly, rants are not uncommon. The community is pretty tolerant here, and generally an owner is "allowed' one or two outbursts and then some calm down, and some don't.

Beyond a rant or two it's pretty obvious that if an owner doesn't hear hearts and flowers praise, they're going to pout and resist any rehabilitation efforts the community makes.

Now lets take these "deranged definitions". What we're talking about is the "common usage" definition, NOT something like a Wikepedia definition. It's what the general public envisions when they hear the word "hack", not necessarily what geeks or engineers think is a technical definition.

When Joe Sixpack (who doesn't jump to Wikipedia every time he wants a definition) hears the word "hack", the first thing he thinks of is what we might term a "crack", or the breaking of a code in order to use licensed software that a "crack" avoids . . . IOW, pirated software. (And, yes, I realize cracking a password is not exactly the same as cracking a license key, but it's close enough).

Now charrox is not Joe Sixpack and I suspect that's why he repeatedly said "real hacking". He can clarify that, but I suspect what he was referring to was "cracking".

And, your opening article, which charrox referred to and was titled "How to hack windows password using command prompt" gives the real flavor of the intent in the opening statement that follows: "This may come as a shock to you but changing windows password is a child’s play. You just need to have physical access on victim’s computer. Here is how to hack windows password:"

A link to this "crack" would get you banned on many forums. I know for a fact it would get you banned on the Tech Support Guy forum.

And while we're talking about your method to defeat Microsoft's intent, let's talk about the 800 pound gorilla's bank of attorneys who are tasked with shutting sites like yours down. If your butt gets in their crosshairs (and I suspect you'll be reported along with a screenshot of that article), you're toast.

But I do agree with your statement "You travel frm point A to B via a 100 meter road or 10 KM road does not make any difference". Yes, no matter how you dress it up and no matter how many other legit articles you have on your site, a crack is a crack . . . PERIOD!

Anonymous (Ronzii?) said: "There are already a lot of visitors on this blog"
What in the world does that have to do with a "crack" being legit? Is there some twisted reasoning that says beyond a certain threshold of visitors a crack all of a sudden becomes legit?

"Mark Zuckerberg was a hacker way before than he became a programmer."
So? Same twisted reasoning . . . that makes cracking OK?

"All the tricks mentioned here 100% working"
Good. I think you just shot yourself in the foot here. Microsoft's attorneys will be able to use that . . . you've done their work for them.

Whether or not Microsoft chooses to go after you, I have no idea. They have some pretty big fish to fry and you may not be one of them. So I'm not "threatening" you with a law suit . . . as I said, I have no idea.

But you're taking a pretty big risk. If I were you I'd take that article down and anything like it, ASAP. Your call, your blog (maybe soon to be owned by Microsoft . . . and I don't think they'd be asking you to stay on as an employee).

RE: Please review Algoritmus

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:22 am

Although I found some useful and entertaining information on the site, there was not one but several inclusions that I would deem as unethical and illegal for the end user.

As far as traffic, it's not an indicator of site value. Not even a miniscule importance of worth does traffic represent.

charrox

Post by charrox » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Actually I was trying to change your perspective, not what actually the trick does. I think trying to change your perspective may be the lamest thing I have done. I was too polite it seemed in my replies. Yet I will ensure that I will keep on being polite and it was a useless thing I did to change your perspective. DONE!!

kunalyadav18

Post by kunalyadav18 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 pm

@BobJam Thanks a lot for such a great reply.

I apologize to @charrox and @BobJam for my rude behavior. Really not meant what I have written.

As far as site is concerned. I gave it a thought and I think that some serious misunderstanding occurred. The post was just showing a simple command prompt's command.
But as suggested I have changed the way of representing things. Also I have deleted the category Hacking :D :D
If you can take out some tym please consider re-reviewing it.

kunalyadav18

Post by kunalyadav18 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

@BobJam Thanks a lot for such a great reply.

I apologize to @charrox and @BobJam for my rude behavior. Really not meant what I have written.

As far as site is concerned. I gave it a thought and I think that some serious misunderstanding occurred. The post was just showing a simple command prompt's command.
But as suggested I have changed the way of representing things. Also I have deleted the category Hacking :D :D
If you can take out some tym please consider re-reviewing it.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:13 pm

[cite]If you're a good programmer,then you're a good hacker.[/cite]

Not really.

I would agree that a certain coding experience never hurts, but I've seen uneducated script-kiddies penetrating and downing systems without any real programming knowledge. In the end, "hacking" is more about "feeling the code" than about "knowing the code". Show me 100 programmers and I'll show you 85 people not being able to hack or crack their own binary executable. Anyway, I would like to point you to the different knowledge ranges of well known hackers: hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_convicted_computer_criminals

[cite]ethical hacking[/cite]

I know ethical hacking as a whole industry that covers everything from "penetration testing" up to "computer forensics" for companies and governments. Therefore, I would be easy on using "trendy terms" since this rather kills trust instead of increasing it.

More for you to read: hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Ethical_Hacker

[cite]Also I have deleted the category Hacking[/cite]

Don't take this personal, but a "deleted category" can be undeleted in a second.
Because of that fact I'll wait a bit until I rate your site (and I bet I'm not the only one here).
Yet, this is a good thing. No rating is better than a bad rating. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.
One day in the future, I'll check on your site and rate what I find. And yes, I'll leave a comment too.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

and this one?
hxxp://algoritmus.in/blog/2010/10/phishing-part-ii-deceiving-the-victims/

and this quote that goes with it
[cite]I know it was a little bit difficult but believe me it will worth it once you mastered .Let me know what you think.</cite

kunalyadav18

Post by kunalyadav18 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:56 pm

I will wait for that particular moment. Thnx for the comment.

Echo

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:03 pm

@ Fahrenheit 451,

Good question . . . am also waiting for the answer.