PharmacyChecker

RE: CIPA & Legit Script conflicts

Post by PharmacyChecker » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:39 pm

<quote user="super hero!">
[cite]Please don't be intimidated by SuperHero on this matter.[/cite]
That is a personal attack and it is not acceptable
A troll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
This is what this thread have become, , since June of 2012 !
Nothing new, but rhetoric
[/quote]

To show goodwill, I removed the sentence you did not like but it really was not a personal attack. In another forum you had accused me of the troll status as well but others did not agree: https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/13596-on ... ans?page=2. In that same forum you wrote "Do not be intimidated" in reference to my comments. Was that a personal attack? I don't even know who everyone here really is but you all know who I am. Again, let's have a civilized discussion on the issue.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:32 am

Keep it polite and respectful folks.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:07 am

<quote user="pharmacychecker">
There are other countries with equally stringent regulations, sometimes referred to as Tier 1 countries, such as Australia, New Zealand and the UK. I'm asking because you made the point above that drug quality is the problem when Canadian online pharmacies refer orders to third party countries. So if the Canadians are referring prescription orders to other safe, licensed pharmacies then what's the difference as long as the consumers are receiving safe and effective medications?
[/quote]

When I checked some of the websites recently, all the drugs were sourced from those types of countries and they provided specifics for exactly which pharmacies they come from within those countries. Not as good as ordering directly from the pharmacy, and hard to know who is checking to make sure that's really what's happening, but acceptable risk if there were some way to confirm the source of the drugs.

However, my confidence in CIPA and Pharmacy Checker dropped considerably several years ago when this first came up and the drugs were being sourced from places like Turkey, Barbados, India, Cyprus, etc. Those agencies looked a lot less like any type of quality assurance agency and more like an organization protecting the interests of those websites by helping fight off competition from the Russian scammers. So when you say I should trust that those drugs are coming from Tier 1 countries without any government agency actually monitoring and without any accountability if the claims are false, having CIPA and Pharmacy Checker certification no longer means much to me.

PharmacyChecker

Post by PharmacyChecker » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:43 pm

<quote user="alphacentauri">
When I checked some of the websites recently, all the drugs were sourced from those types of countries and they provided specifics for exactly which pharmacies they come from within those countries. Not as good as ordering directly from the pharmacy, and hard to know who is checking to make sure that's really what's happening, but acceptable risk if there were some way to confirm the source of the drugs.

However, my confidence in CIPA and Pharmacy Checker dropped considerably several years ago when this first came up and the drugs were being sourced from places like Turkey, Barbados, India, Cyprus, etc. Those agencies looked a lot less like any type of quality assurance agency and more like an organization protecting the interests of those websites by helping fight off competition from the Russian scammers. So when you say I should trust that those drugs are coming from Tier 1 countries without any government agency actually monitoring and without any accountability if the claims are false, having CIPA and Pharmacy Checker certification no longer means much to me.
[/quote]

Empirical studies on PharmacyChecker.com-approved online pharmacies have proven that the online pharmacies in our program require a valid prescription and send genuine medication: http://www.nber.org/papers/w17955. We verify pharmacy licenses in Tier 1 countries, the ones that you trust. If a consumer chooses to order from those pharmacies from online pharmacies approved in our program then they can and they do. We inspect and verify licenses of pharmacies in Turkey, Barbados and India but not Cyprus. Consumers have the choice. And medications sold in those countries are in fact regulated, genuine and safe as well.

You may not agree with us, but our voice is respected. Just today our founder published the following in the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tod-coope ... 93220.html. I'm not saying that publishing in reputable papers and blogs is reason for you to agree with us but I'm hoping others who are reading this view our website as trustworthy and useful for people who can't afford or are struggling to afford their medication.

Regarding CIPA, not all of their members are in the PharmacyChecker.com Verification Program; we have many online pharmacies that are not in CIPA, and we have U.S. pharmacy pricing content and more on the way that should help Americans buy from local pharmacies.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 pm

[cite]but I'm hoping others who are reading this view our website as trustworthy and useful for people who can't afford or are struggling to afford their medication.

Regarding CIPA, not all of their members are in the PharmacyChecker.com Verification Program; we have many online pharmacies that are not in CIPA, and we have U.S. pharmacy pricing content and more on the way that should help Americans buy from local pharmacies.
[/cite]

Since this thread has turned into a troll and no ones care, well lets go for it!

[cite]Canadian Online Drug Seller, Pharmacist Employed by PharmacyChecker Under Fire From US Authorities [/cite]

[cite]Also indicted was Dr Ram Kamath, director of pharmacy policy and international verifications for PharmacyChecker. Dr Kamath allegedly certified Canada Drugs as a legitimate online pharmacy after accepting money and a paid trip from the company, reports LegitScript. He is also accused of hiding counterfeit medications in his home garage. PharmacyChecker, in its blog, denies allegations that Canada Drugs illegally distributed drugs to consumers.[/cite]
https://www.nabp.net/news/canadian-onli ... uthorities

There is no mention that there are voluntaries working very hard to make sure, you can afford your medicine

Think!

[cite]Rx Outreach is a fully-licensed nonprofit mail order pharmacy.

We believe that everyone deserves access to affordable medications. No one should ever have to choose between filling a prescription and feeding their family.

That’s why Rx Outreach exists, and why our team is so passionate about the work we do.[/cite]
http://rxoutreach.org/about-us/?gclid=C ... Hwodx7QGbQ
Their medicines are cheaper than what pharmacy checker lists as pharmacies online, which they are not authorized to sell medications in the U.S

They are legit and they do it, with charity and not greed

Is up to you!
This site could troll their way to a better rating, but they are not legit or trustworthy, my opinion and the facts

PharmacyChecker

Post by PharmacyChecker » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 pm

<quote user="super hero!">
[cite]but I'm hoping others who are reading this view our website as trustworthy and useful for people who can't afford or are struggling to afford their medication.

[/cite]

Since this thread has turned into a troll and no ones care, well lets go for it!

[cite]Canadian Online Drug Seller, Pharmacist Employed by PharmacyChecker Under Fire From US Authorities [/cite]

[cite]Also indicted was Dr Ram Kamath, director of pharmacy policy and international verifications for PharmacyChecker. Dr Kamath allegedly certified Canada Drugs as a legitimate online pharmacy after accepting money and a paid trip from the company, reports LegitScript. He is also accused of hiding counterfeit medications in his home garage. PharmacyChecker, in its blog, denies allegations that Canada Drugs illegally distributed drugs to consumers.[/cite]
https://www.nabp.net/news/canadian-onli ... uthorities

There is no mention that there are voluntaries working very hard to make sure, you can afford your medicine

Think!

[cite]Rx Outreach is a fully-licensed nonprofit mail order pharmacy.

We believe that everyone deserves access to affordable medications. No one should ever have to choose between filling a prescription and feeding their family.

That’s why Rx Outreach exists, and why our team is so passionate about the work we do.[/cite]
http://rxoutreach.org/about-us/?gclid=C ... Hwodx7QGbQ
Their medicines are cheaper than what pharmacy checker lists as pharmacies online, which they are not authorized to sell medications in the U.S

They are legit and they do it, with charity and not greed

Is up to you!
This site could troll their way to a better rating, but they are not legit or trustworthy, my opinion and the facts
[/quote]

I'm not trolling. I'm telling the truth and sticking up for consumers who buy medications internationally because the prices are too high in the U.S. Rx Outreach is providing a good service, too! If Americans could afford their medications locally then five million would not buy internationally each year. Real, data, from quality testing, has shown the the online pharmacies approved in the PharmacyChecker program require prescriptions and sell genuine, high quality, medication at lower cost: http://www.nber.org/papers/w17955.

What is legitimate? Walgreens.com is an approved member of LegitScript.com. Walgreens had to pay $80 million in 2013 to make charges go away that it illegally sold controlled drugs, including opiate-based medications into the black market: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... n/2412451/. Legit? Or really powerful?

Super Hero - If you see on our site that we are trying to steer Americans toward local pharmacies that have low prices, will that affect your opinion of PharmacyChecker.com.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Further accusations about trolling are unacceptable.
<quote user="mysteryfcm (moderator)">
Keep it polite and respectful folks.[/quote]