Spam404.com is a Trusted Source

NotBuyingIt

RE: Spam404.com is a Trusted Source

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:14 am

<quote user="alphacentauri">Spam404's comment is clearly not meant to be deceptive.[/quote]

I agree and I share AlphaCentauri's enthusiasm that WOT has added Spam404.com as a Trusted Source. Beyond that, I am delighted to see Spam404 participate in the users' community.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:35 am

I wish to clarify the point that I did not perceive as deceptive, the comment by Spam404 in his own scorecard, but Destination Truth in her comment
Lets also overlook the use of a private whois, no ToS or Privacy Policy for a site that can collect e-mails, and uses doubleclick ads and a dozen other trackers
Made it clear to me , that Spam404 is violating the rules by which other will be assessed
Ensure you have privacy policy in place
If your site is commercial-based and you do not have a privacy / cookie policy, it is advised that you install one. Privacy policy increases website's trustworthiness and it is a common practice to have one on a website. You can find more information in the WOT Wiki:
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Privacy Policy

https://www.mywot.com/en/guidelines/site-owners
I was very enthusiastic at the beginning with Spam404 and I still will like this company, to be part of the trusted sources, but no before he complies with the rules, just like everyone else, regardless of the nationality or language
Thank you

marco2981

Post by marco2981 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:41 am

I want to be an "Advocatus Diaboli"
and perhaps a little bit Polemic
DestinationTruth
Trusted source? Think Not!
BTW: Think I would also not trust someone who claims to be vigilantes
If it is this the case:
AlphaCentauri
I'm confused, but I get the sense that whoever wrote spam404's material is not a native English speaker?
I'm Italian and we say and write vigilante. I could write vigilante group ("wrong cause of my language"), but intending it as Vigilant
Vigilant from Latin Vigilans:
1) On the alert; watchful.
2) keenly alert to or heedful of trouble or danger, as while others are sleeping or unsuspicious.

Being Watchful is what we do here too.
Superhero
I was very enthusiastic at the beginning with Spam404 and I still will like this company, to be part of the trusted sources, but no before he complies with the rules, just like everyone else, regardless of the nationality or language
Spam404 said that is not a registered business so he/she doesn't want to have his/her personal details on the WhoIs.
Do we have proofs that behind Spam404.com there is a company? No. I consider it a personal project as long as I don't have a clear and unconfutable proof that he/she's lying.

I give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

This is my personal opionion and I don't want to argue with anyone.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:43 am

Is a good opinion and I thank you , for your post

Maybe we can find a way to resolve this situation

I trust you fully, my friend !

Chi trova un amico, trova un tesoro

edit =
@Spam404 =
I think that , maybe a privacy policy [ a simplified one ] with a link like this
http://www.aboutcookies.org/page-2
Would turn things around , for your site
We want to help

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Very easy to resolve.
Put in place a Privacy Policy / Cookie Policy. (include how you handle e-mail contact)
Change your comment on the scorecard.
Opening your WHOIS would be a great step. (though I can accept it undisclosed.)

Trusted Sources should be held at a deeper scrutiny in order to protect WoT's reputation, and they should appreciate such.

Yet you still deny the need to do any of the above.

I too would love to say welcome and congratulations as a new "Trusted Source," yet I need to see a trust value first.

(My assessment is accurate, yet very disturbed by the false claims being made on the scorecard. . . though not unexpected for such a service.) >

Spam404

Post by Spam404 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:33 pm

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Very easy to resolve.
Put in place a Privacy Policy / Cookie Policy. (include how you handle e-mail contact)
Change your comment on the scorecard.
Opening your WHOIS would be a great step. (though I can accept it undisclosed.)

Trusted Sources should be held at a deeper scrutiny in order to protect WoT's reputation, and they should appreciate such.

Yet you still deny the need to do any of the above.

I too would love to say welcome and congratulations as a new "Trusted Source," yet I need to see a trust value first.

(My assessment is accurate, yet very disturbed by the false claims being made on the scorecard. . . though not unexpected for such a service.) >
[/quote]

Okay. I have really taken on board on what yourself and others on this thread are concerned about in regards to a privacy policy and a terms of service so I have added them.

Spam404 Terms of Service - http://www.spam404.com/terms.html

Spam404 Privacy Policy - http://www.spam404.com/privacy.html

I hope this is what you guys wanted and if there is anymore issue please tell me as I appreciate the effort you guys are giving Spam404 highly.

<quote user="alphacentauri">
I'm confused, but I get the sense that whoever wrote spam404's material is not a native English speaker? WOT has a lot of unwritten rules, and we can be very harsh on people who don't understand them. If we aren't making it 100% clear to site owners about the rules governing comments on their own sites -- and clearly, we aren't, given the number of misunderstandings -- we should chill out a bit. Spam404's comment is clearly not meant to be deceptive.

I have tried investigating a lot of these scam survey sites myself. It is very frustrating. The email spam includes links full of tracking code, and one often must register with an email address to see the real contents of a site. They have gotten much more opaque over time. If someone else wants to do the dirty work of following email links that will add their email address to the "high-value" spam email lists, I am most appreciative. These types of sites disproportionately cheat the poor, who have little hope of completing all the requirements and who will end up paying much more than they could receive in benefits.
[/quote]

I wrote all the material and I am a native English speaker. I have since changed Spam404's META description. I appreciate your support for the comment on my website. I don't mean at all to be deceptive.

I am also very glad to read your thoughts about the survey scam websites which are a priority for Spam404.

<quote user="notbuyingit">
I agree and I share AlphaCentauri's enthusiasm that WOT has added Spam404.com as a Trusted Source. Beyond that, I am delighted to see Spam404 participate in the users' community.
[/quote]

Thank you for such nice comments. I am glad you appreciate Spam404 and I am here to listen to what everyone has to say about Spam404 as already I have improved Spam404 from comments posted on this very thread which I am eternally grateful for.

<quote user="superhero58">
I wish to clarify the point that I did not perceive as deceptive, the comment by Spam404 in his own scorecard, but Destination Truth in her comment
Made it clear to me , that Spam404 is violating the rules by which other will be assessed
Ensure you have privacy policy in place
If your site is commercial-based and you do not have a privacy / cookie policy, it is advised that you install one. Privacy policy increases website's trustworthiness and it is a common practice to have one on a website. You can find more information in the WOT Wiki:
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Privacy Policy

https://www.mywot.com/en/guidelines/site-owners
Thank you
[/quote]

I have added a privacy policy and Terms of Service to Spam404 now which you can see below:

I hope this complies with the rules and it wasn't my intention to breach any rules.

<quote user="marco2981">I'm Italian and we say and write vigilante. I could write vigilante group ("wrong cause of my language"), but intending it as Vigilant
Vigilant from Latin Vigilans:
1) On the alert; watchful.
2) keenly alert to or heedful of trouble or danger, as while others are sleeping or unsuspicious.

Being Watchful is what we do here too.

Spam404 said that is not a registered business so he/she doesn't want to have his/her personal details on the WhoIs.
Do we have proofs that behind Spam404.com there is a company? No. I consider it a personal project as long as I don't have a clear and unconfutable proof that he/she's lying.

I give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

[/quote]

Thank you for your view on Spam404, I highly appreciate it.

When I put "vigilante" in the old META description I meant it as the definition you have gave. I am sorry if this caused concern for anyone as this was not the intent. I wouldn't use that description of Spam404 anymore and therefore I have updated the META description to something I find more appropriate.

Spam404 is not a company nor is a company operating it. I am an individual and you're right in saying I began this as a personal project but from the way Spam404 has expanded over the past year I have been thinking about registering Spam404 as a business but I cannot legally do this yet being underage. With the legal protection a registered business would give me I would most likely have a open WhoIs which I know would please a lot of people on this thread.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:40 pm

<quote user="spam404">
Okay. I have really taken on board on what yourself and others on this thread are concerned about in regards to a privacy policy and a terms of service so I have added them.

I hope this is what you guys wanted and if there is anymore issue please tell me as I appreciate the effort you guys are giving Spam404 highly.
[/quote]

Comment changed, and rating increased.
Thank you and hope there is no hard feelings; just doing what I felt was right.
Sincerely,
Heidi-Ann

OctoberInTheChair

Post by OctoberInTheChair » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:22 pm

...And this concludes the "let's squabble a lot over rules (both written and unwritten) and see what he does" part of the test. Congrats to Spam404 for passing and let's all give him a hearty welcome to WOT!

~~Oct ;)

evilfantasy

Post by evilfantasy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Just because they are a so called trusted source they are treated different.[/quote]

I agree 100%. I once called into question LegitScript.com being a Trusted Source and was met with heavy resistance from the majority of the WOT community. PharmacyChecker also pointed out issues that I agree with. The "Trusted Source" label seems to grant an automatic pass in the eyes of some, but not me.

Lets also overlook the use of a private whois, no ToS or Privacy Policy for a site that can collect e-mails, and uses doubleclick ads and a dozen other trackers.[/quote]

The TOS and Privacy Policy is an issue and I'm glad to see Spam404.com has added the information. It not only protects the visitors but it also protects the Spam404.com website owner(s).

I have never supported the unwritten rule of having an open WHOIS record. That is as long as there is an easy way to find contact information in the form of an email address and/or phone number on the website itself. Nobody should ever be forced to offer PII in the form of a public WHOIS record. Not all business owners have a receptionist, multiple phone lines or a call center. Some are "one-man-operations" out of a home office so demanding to disclose home phone numbers and/or residential information would be highly irresponsible on our part. You can put people in harms way by demanding too much PII to be made public.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:11 pm

<quote user="evilfantasy">Some are "one-man-operations" out of a home office, so demanding to disclose home phone numbers and/or residential information would be highly irresponsible on our part. You can put people in harms way by demanding too much PII to be made public.[/quote]... especially if this residential enterprise is:
- not selling anything,
- not requesting too much PII,
- performing a useful public service, which is
- likely to upset some potentially very nasty people.

Footnote: An immediate minimum of five thumbs-down on positive comments, plus pretentious negative comments, by single-purpose noobs indicate some such people or their groupies are in the audience. I take this as the signature fall-out of an effective anti-crime service.

@ Spam404 - Keep your PII in your pocket until you are well-buffered.