City of Irving

nerdblaster

City of Irving

Post by nerdblaster » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:19 am

There's a review stating, "I receive very questionable unsolicited spam from this website."

However, I have a strong feeling this guy has no idea it's a website for a city.
It makes no sense. Can anyone make heads or tails from this?

hxxp://cityofirving.org/

RE: City of Irving

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:52 am

Hello,

This site is clean.I haven't found a spam behavior.
There is an opt-out:
Our site provides users the opportunity to subscribe to and unsubscribe from informational mailing lists.
If you are the webmaster you can post a review request here:
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/request_review

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:15 am

@nerdblaster - It is possible to spoof the sender's address to make it appear as if an email was sent from anywhere (yourmom.info, god.org, etc). Many people who receive spam email mistakenly think it was sent from the spoofed domain. It usually isn't.

Digital Capman

Post by Digital Capman » Sun May 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Hello nerdblaster,

I can see that it is a city website ... for me it doesn't matter who owns the site, if they send spam to me then I post they send spam. I do not just randomly pick websites and say the send spam. I have removed my rating and comment. If I ever receive spam in the future then you can bet my rating and comment will return.

Most of the time I'll rate spam by the text links found within the spam email as the sender is often some professional spam mailer, which I will also rate. If I receive unsolicited spam it doesn't matter to me if there is an opt-out because I didn't opt-in to it, to begin with.
Sincerely,
Cap