Kickass domains SEIZED - Stop rating piracy sites green!!

huckleberrypie

RE: Kickass domains SEIZED - Stop rating piracy sites green!!

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:54 am

<quote user="super hero!">
I fully agree with your statement that the idiocy and greed blinds corporations to the potential revenues lost to draconian policies, but on the other hand, to steal because it is a "big corporation" or "everyone is doing it" attitude is not the answer

These sites can and will steal from you by not having trusted privacy policies, many of the customers are downright criminals downloading warez, if we feed corruption we cannot expect corruption to go away on its own

These sites are not trusted and are illegal, others that do not know or don't care and use WOT as a guideline, are not getting the red alert, not to visit these sites and on this alone, we are failing them and failing them bad

We are much better than this!
Those who use our opinions as a guideline, expect honesty in our ratings to trust or not to trust a site

Can we honestly trust a site that, may steal our personal data, hide their IP and provide hackers via links with their tools?

The scorecards have ample space to rate these sites and others, like them, with negative ratings or warnings

At the end that movie or music that, we download, will be a costly one for all of us
[/quote]

I'm not necessarily portraying corporations as woefully greedy and all that, nor do I just suggest piracy as the only answer. For as long as companies come up with a way to make their works more accessible to consumers without alienating or inconveniencing them, I am happy with it.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:10 pm

@huckleberrypie =

Originally posted by: Super Hero!
I fully agree with your statement that the idiocy and greed blinds corporations to the potential

That was my response to your post
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/67788-kickass-domains-seized-stop-rating-piracy-sites-green#comment-345900
Time and time again mainstream media companies shoot themselves in the foot through artificial restrictions and intrusive DRM schemes which only do more harm than good
I agree fully
apologize if I didn't express myself in a clearer way, what I don't agree with is the poor excuses This part was not in any way related to you, but for "crackers" and "hackers/scammers" that do use this way of thinking to justify their pirating as a "Robin Hood" scheme, when in reality they become as or worse than the corporations led by blind people and not having their minds open to other possibilities than squeezing the last cent out of potential grow from the companies in which they get paid, but don't do a day's work

If they were to think out of the box and work to generate more income with quality product, the last thing they would do is to restrict the access of potential new customers to products that are gathering dust
Nokia and Yahoo are two companies that come to mind
If they were to think out of the box and work to generate more income with quality product, the last thing they would do is to restrict the access of potential new customers to products that are gathering dust
Nokia has thrown away 4 out of every 5 loyal customers it held only a year and a half ago! Yes, we are witnessing history being made – history of the worst CEO of all time (And it will only get worse in Q3). Pay attention to this, this is the classic case study for MBA’s of the future to study how not to destroy your company, using methods like the Elop Effect

=https://gigaom.com/2012/07/20/how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-nokia/
In Silicon Valley, companies live and die by their "product," which is a way to describe the services companies offer consumers and businesses
Even McDonald's and Walmart have apps ranked higher than Yahoo.
=http://www.businessinsider.com/yahoos-board-is-under-pressure-2015-11
For as long as companies come up with a way to make their works more accessible to consumers without alienating or inconveniencing them

This is vital for any corporation to remain competitive and grow and in this they both failed and should have been a mantra for every C.E.O or administrator of any corporation
They may even research the "torrents" to learn more about future projects or present ones by learning, what people want, but as for those who choose to break the law by stealing via unsecured connections or selling products that may even harm your devices, I have no problem rating them red
Thank you and best regards

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Now some of the former admins are abusing GoFundMe and PayPal:
hxxps://www.gofundme.com/2r4k82hs
hXXps://katcr.co/directpaypal.php
UPDATE: - Good work, the GoFundMe page has been pulled. The PayPal page still works, so I sent an angrier e-mail to PayPal's TOS enforcement e-mail.

DO NOT pay any money to that page, and if you did, immediately report it to your financial institution.

If you are reading this, please consider reporting these cybercriminals to the following:
[*]https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx (seems to be for those who got victimized aka lost money)
[*]hxxps://tips.fbi.gov (may be insecure, uses CloudFlare)
[*]https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=contact/form&t=donation_page_report&url=2r4k82hs&pid=941_Reporting_From_Campaign_Page (for the second one, let GoFundMe know if you contacted the Internet Crime Complaint Center and/or FBI).[/strike] No longer needed, the GoFundMe page has been taken down.
[*] aupviolations@paypal.com (the "donations" take PayPal outside the US, as well as a PayPal link on hXXps://katcr.co/directpaypal.php which should also be reported, the more people that report the more likely it is it will be taken down)

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:19 am

<quote user="super hero!">
@huckleberrypie =

Originally posted by: Super Hero!
I fully agree with your statement that the idiocy and greed blinds corporations to the potential

That was my response to your post
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/67788-kickass-domains-seized-stop-rating-piracy-sites-green#comment-345900

I agree fully
apologize if I didn't express myself in a clearer way, what I don't agree with is the poor excuses This part was not in any way related to you, but for "crackers" and "hackers/scammers" that do use this way of thinking to justify their pirating as a "Robin Hood" scheme, when in reality they become as or worse than the corporations led by blind people and not having their minds open to other possibilities than squeezing the last cent out of potential grow from the companies in which they get paid, but don't do a day's work

=https://gigaom.com/2012/07/20/how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-nokia/
In Silicon Valley, companies live and die by their "product," which is a way to describe the services companies offer consumers and businesses
Even McDonald's and Walmart have apps ranked higher than Yahoo.
=http://www.businessinsider.com/yahoos-board-is-under-pressure-2015-11

This is vital for any corporation to remain competitive and grow and in this they both failed and should have been a mantra for every C.E.O or administrator of any corporation
They may even research the "torrents" to learn more about future projects or present ones by learning, what people want, but as for those who choose to break the law by stealing via unsecured connections or selling products that may even harm your devices, I have no problem rating them red
Thank you and best regards
[/quote]

Ahh yes, the Elop effect. He has largely been the reason for Nokia's sudden fall from grace lately. Of course the rationale for piracy is hardly justifiable, but to counter it with harsh penalties or intrusive DRM isn't ethical either.

And take this for example: I pirated Drastic once, as there hasn't been any good DS emulators for Android lately other than that. But since I wouldn't be getting far with a cracked copy and as a gesture of support for the original developer, I ditched my bootlegged copy and purchased it for my Android.