Bad website rated Green

logicman

Visiting bad sites.

Сообщение logicman » Сб июн 28, 2008 12:58 am

My best advice is - don't!

If you want to investigate a site, use a spare PC set up for just that purpose.

Other than that, I strongly recommend SandboxIE - it will 'sandbox' not just IE, but any program.

If you run your favourite browser in a sandbox, when you delete the sandbox file,
you delete everything that was downloaded or modified during your browsing session -
bookmarks, cookies, viruses, trojans - the lot.

Study up on how to use SandboxIE before you download it.

btw, it's free. Just a 5 second 'nag' screen after each computer re-start.
Or you could pay.
http://www.sandboxie.com/

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/sandboxie.com?ref=safe&client_ver=FF_26.6_6269&locale=en-GB&premium=false&client_type=FF&aff_id=0

Stay safe, people.

MissMimi

I have used PeerGuardian2,

Сообщение MissMimi » Чт июл 03, 2008 4:24 am

I have used PeerGuardian2, it seems good to me when I, but it kept on crashing. I don't like instable programs.

Someone told me about WinASo, and told me to check it out. It's a really good program; You should check it out. It is a registry optimizer, and it does more. Works wonders.
http://www.winaso.com/
The problem is, to get all the options, you need to buy it. The free downloads are for evaluation purposes.

I also use McAfee (which has borwser integration), and the oh-so-famous Ad-Aware.
I recommend getting different programs that focuses on different areas.

And I barely go to lyrics sites. So I'm good there =]

Robot369

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Сообщение Robot369 » Сб авг 09, 2008 10:00 pm

lyricsfreak.com is know rated red.

Curious

I think I was a little too curious...

Сообщение Curious » Вс авг 10, 2008 6:42 pm

I have downloaded some lyrics to see if my Avira antivirus will take effect, and it allways were saying "your computer is infected with spyware... click here to clean it" I don`t have the Avira Premium so it can not clean against spywares but I have Glary Utilities and he has the Spyware and adware remover so my Mac is clean now.

JoATMoN

I think that this needs to be revisited...

Сообщение JoATMoN » Ср авг 13, 2008 7:56 pm

And this is one of the reasons why I am unsure about allowing just anybody to rate sites. Who is moderating the sites or contacting webmasters to see if the site has been hacked or redirected without the owners knowledge?

This site has the same scripts running on it as MYWOT.com does...so are you going to give WOT a red rating as well?!?!?!

Shouldn't there be a group of mods or admins or security teams that can verify sites that people are unsure of and report CORRECT information here? This site just seems to have been hacked at the wrong time and an overzealous WOT user demanded that EVERYONE rate it as red instead of actually doing the proper research.

Telling others to visit the site isn't helping...Contacting the Webmaster will. Either he contacts you saying that the problem is fixed, or he doesn't contact you, which most likely means that the site IS malicious. Besides...why are you DOWNLOADING lyrics? Shouldn't you just copy and paste them from the page onto notepad?

AnonymousSpecial

If a site has been hacked,

Сообщение AnonymousSpecial » Ср авг 13, 2008 7:58 pm

If a site has been hacked, the site is still dangerous and people need to be warned of this.

Toptiger5

If you don't want to rate via site...

Сообщение Toptiger5 » Ср сен 03, 2008 2:23 pm

If you don't want to go to the site to rate, write http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/SITENAMEGOESHERE

Saul_Luque

The truth

Сообщение Saul_Luque » Пт сен 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Why can't some people be mature and give it a rating it deserves

andre9

lyricsfreak.com

Сообщение andre9 » Сб сен 06, 2008 8:33 am

I like this website. I did not find any malware or problems with it.

lordpake

It's the ad network they use ...

Сообщение lordpake » Сб сен 06, 2008 1:06 pm

They use AdBrite, afaik that specific network has been involved in serving malicious ads for some time now. Another example is Clicksor. These two are enough to make me use both NoScript and AdBlock and encourage others to to so also, to get rid of every ad. I realize this hurts legitimate website owners/ad networks, however in this case few bad apples do indeed ruin the entire harvest!

And not everyone always gets the same ads, so if one person got infected by visiitng the next might not ...

Now whether to rate site red or green or yellow because of their ad network is one question. Another is, why does the site continue to use such an ad network, which continues to support advertizers with malicious intent/ads which can possibly compromise computers?

"Men make good pets."

Ответить