Again I do not understand a red flag

OldNick

Again I do not understand a red flag

Post by OldNick » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:44 am

mycardsecure.com is the official verification site for VISA. I have used it several times. However it is flagged red apparently because of the comment of one rookie member and in spite of other comments saying it's not ionly fine, but unavoidable.

Re:

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:07 am

However it is flagged red apparently because of the comment of one rookie member

Comment of one rookie member? You're wrong. Many users can to give only ratings, without comments.

P. S. Comments are not ratings.

░▒▓█

Verified by Visa is

Post by ░▒▓█ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:17 am

Verified by Visa is completely useless, you may even say that it is harmful. It tricks people into thinking that it is helping with security, in reality it does no such thing. If you have ever had to reset your password, you will discover that the most of the questions can be answered by looking at the card itself, plus the date of birth which is not hard to find. There is a good article about how useless it is here http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/357115/the-pointlessness-of-verified-by-visa

From the point of view of a security professional, Verified by Visa is worthless. Some people go as far as to say that the system is a fraud, it offers no real protection and if your credit card details are stolen your bank will try to claim that it was your fault because you must have told them your Verified by Visa password.

OldNick

AH. OK., Yes of course

Post by OldNick » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:45 am

AH. OK., Yes of course comments are not ratings.

I guess I will just have to keep ignoring the warnings, because I have no choice in many situations AFAICS.

Nick

Kraftwerk

Re:

Post by Kraftwerk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:05 am

I guess I will just have to keep ignoring the warnings

Are you the owner of the website or haven´t you understood anything of CDA230s post?