What is causing the WOT to drop drastically

ryjgo0109

What is causing the WOT to drop drastically

Post by ryjgo0109 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:42 am

Hello,

I noticed today that our sites WOT rating dropped to yellow and then in a few more hours it dropped to red. Our site is www.kng.com and have been online for 10 years. As a company we have monitored this very closely to make sure it is reputable and safe.

According to the rating we are not child safe yet all we sell is chef clothing, menu covers, and restaurant supplies.

I am open to any suggestions and want to get this fixed as soon as possible because I want nothing more than a reputable site.

Thanks in advance

Keavs

Maybe its the dangerous Menu Covers ( I kid I kid)

Post by Keavs » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:05 am

I don't know. I did a search and you have not been mentioned or added to a list that was posted on the forum.
URL Void is Clean... Suspicious rating, but only MyWOT detects.

Maybe someone who has more experience than myself can figure out if you were somehow included in a list that WOT monitors, or if it's a competitors campaign. (doubtful, but possible)

In any event , based on what I see, I will rate you green unless one of the masters has a viable reason why you shouldn;t be.

Keavs

shopping cart is secure...

Post by Keavs » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:14 am

His Shopping cart is SSL with the blue band thing. His info is gathered on a https page, but no blue band.

I use a 2nd party cart also, so I have no certificate in my name, but all info is secure.
Most merchants don't own their certificate unless they have OS cart. Most paid carts include SSL

@OP If you ever want to get rid of that sweet 3 letter .com let me know... LOL

Warxas

Your right, thanks!

Post by Warxas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 am

I just checked that too... Must have been a glitch somewhere.

Strange, http://www.digicert.com/help/ still says no SSL certificate.. :/

Warxas

To start

Post by Warxas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 am

Edit: See below

Welcome to WOT! :)

Keavs

Says it about my sites also....

Post by Keavs » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 am

Huh... I never used it, so I assumed that my cert was in my carts name, but I guess it would have to be registered to me, maybe it is a glitch.

Why does he show no Blue or Green thing on the info page. Do all https' show that, or just some?

ryjgo0109

Does the quanity of ratings matter?

Post by ryjgo0109 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 am

Thanks for your help so far. I am just confused because it happened so quickly. If we didn't have any ratings previous to this could a competitor be doing this?

Also any idea on how this can affect CTR and more importantly is there anyone from WOT who can lead in the right direction to fix it.

I mean it is really hard to have a site like this and not be child friendly. We sell kids chef coats and legitimately too.

Thanks again

Warxas

I honestly don't see anything bad

Post by Warxas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 am

Nice site;
Public Whois, very nice , Privacy Policy doesn't seem to appear on any blacklists, and download (.zip with a .pdf) seems safe.

Rated green! (Except in vendor reliability because I haven't purchased anything)

Also, tip: You might want to convert the catalog download from a .zip to a .pfd, to make it easier for people to view it. But it won't effect my rating either way.

Warxas

Not sure

Post by Warxas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 am

[cite] Why does he show no Blue or Green thing on the info page. Do all https' show that, or just some? [/cite] I'm not sure, I've seen the same thing on many, many legitimate sites, so it's probably nothing.
*shrug*

Keavs

Yeah it could be a

Post by Keavs » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:39 am

Yeah it could be a competitor.
I see a number jump already, and the one little guy next to the scores. I would suppose that not a whole lot of people rated you badly, and hopefully ratings will come up soon. ( I could be wrong, this is a cryptic system LOL)

One thing I will say, that someone may point out. Your contact page asks for a phone number, and isn't secure.
Not a big deal to me, but it may come up. Other than that, nice site, and nice niche.

Added

You are in the process of fixing it now, you did it the right way.

CTR.... yeah it affects them from my experience. If you have a newsletter, you could ask for your customers to help out if you felt that was needed. I understand though that you would probably never have them even see the red ring.

But listen, I'm kinda new to this but * Warxas isn't... Iike I said , I may be wrong.

Happy Holidays