lucrativeminds.com

Jazspeak

RE: lucrativeminds.com

Post by Jazspeak » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 am

Re: "Do I really have nothing to lose?"

The claim that there is nothing to lose clearly refers to a 100% refund of monies but equally clearly does not refer to any loss of privacy.

It is quite appalling that any business should tell a customer to expect personal information to be shared, especially since the statement would seem to imply that there is no opt out from any sharing of personal information. So whilst there might be nothing to lose financially, there is quite a lot to lose in terms of privacy and choice.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 am

@ Jazzspeak
thank you so much, you perfectly said what I wanted to say but due to my limits I could not:

So whilst there might be nothing to lose financially, there is quite a lot to lose in terms of privacy and choice.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:15 am

My God this is a bunch of scammers , I am sick to my to stomach -

@mentalist3d

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 am

Well its been nice knowing you. . .
[img]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/313/1/d/shit_hits_the_fan_by_k3nichi77-d32hxno.gif[/img]
~smiles~

Echo

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:36 am

@ Jazspeak,

Well put indeed. My compliments.

@ Deb S.

You said "WOT is proud to be working with Lucrative Minds", which makes it sound like WOT is in cahoots with these guys, rather then them just using the WOT DB. Though now that I think of it, it would seem WOT has to be in cahoots with these people for them to be getting the DB updates and the DB to begin with.

So what am I missing or misunderstanding here? Is WOT really actively working with these guys, as you seemed to say, or are these people just using (abusing?) publicly available information WITHOUT WOT's assistance?

EDIT: Before we make any rash judgments about WOT's intentions or participation, let's hear WOT's side of the story. Then we can start to make conclusions and get "nauseated".

Dutch Mountain

RE: 1st Set of sites

Post by Dutch Mountain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:25 pm

@mentalist ; Just saw this thread for the first time, been rather busy the last couple of days
Quote :
For now I am just going to collect the domain names (as there is a lot of them), then investigate them one by one, any help is appreciated ;)
What help do you need and what did you have in mind in organising that ? Each of us some sites to check ?

BTW : Compliments, good item.

Edited : RATED lucrativeminds.com

mentalist3d

Post by mentalist3d » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm

"What help do you need and what did you have in mind in organising that ? Each of us some sites to check ?"

Hi Peter, I was hoping some people could take the time and help me go through the sites, as there is a lot of unrated sites. Although rating these sites will help Lucrative Minds paying customers, the sites still need to be rated to help warn others.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

I,l dive in a.s.a.p. to do some site checks. But unfortunataly not today ( too busy ).
Peter

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:44 pm

@Mentalist3D = Mighty proud of your hard work !

Deborah S.

Lucrative Minds using the WOT API freely

Post by Deborah S. » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Dear WOT users,
Thank you for your input. As always, we appreciate your diligence and willingness to "go the extra mile" to help protect people and boost trust on the web.

Developers are free to use the WOT API to implement software that uses WOT services. WOT is open, and we want to remain that way because there are many great applications already released or in development that help further our goal of a safer web for everyone. When we are aware of it, we like to share the developments with our community. WOT does not receive anything in return for allowing this, and we are happy to announce new uses of WOT through our blog. We have removed the blog posting about Lucrative Minds.

I have personally contacted the CEO of Lucrative Minds asking him to please participate in this forum and address the issues presented here. This could be a valuable service for those looking for employment opportunities, so I sincerely hope that Lucrative Minds will review all that is said here and use it to improve their service.

Safe surfing,
Deborah