bad site good rating misled me no WOT contact info visible

Ответить
CherylJosie

bad site good rating misled me no WOT contact info visible

Сообщение CherylJosie » Пн фев 17, 2014 8:32 am

How do I contact WOT to inform them that justanswer.com has bad comments and good rating? It advertizes as free then charges for 'money back guaranteed' information then when the answer is available makes you agree that the info is 'no warranty' before you can get the free money-back-guaranteed information you paid for. The majority of comments are bad but it has a great overall rating so it looks like it is being manipulated and there are many such sites on WOT so the point the WOT service has little value any longer.

JWebOfTrustB

RE: bad site good rating misled me no WOT contact info visible

Сообщение JWebOfTrustB » Ср фев 19, 2014 2:45 am

I too, am worried about the actual mission(s), effectiveness, & staffing of WoT. All I can put my finger on are conflicting 'explanations'.
They claim to hide the actual basis of their ratings, to prevent 'gaming' by unscrupulous websites. (reasonable)
They don't use comments to control ratings because they are overwhelmingly used as a gripe board. (reasonable)
The domain 'rating' looks exactly like the rating I provide with my comments. (misleading or intentionally confusing)
The 'rating' & 'child rating' have poorly defined criteria, leading to often meaningless & contradictory domain ratings. (unreasonable)
The lack of hyperlink from any domain rating page to relevant, clear, official definitions or at least the related blog, forum, or community. (inexcusable!)
The misbehavior of 'Dis/Like' on some 'controversial' comments/domains: click Like does not increase the count! (unreasonable)
(https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/char ... t-74363333)
The difficulty of searching all of the above for specific issues. (unreasonable)
Failure to link, share, & critique other rating / reputation services (see NoScript for an example from another point of view:
WOT Scorecard about this service
McAfee SiteAdvisor® rating for AV advert purposes.
Webmaster Tips Site Information about (oops, another Google purchase)
Safe Browsing Diagnostic (google hides the home ) on (self critique is probably invalid)
hpHost Report (home) by HP?

Sami

Сообщение Sami » Ср фев 19, 2014 8:46 am

The reputation is based on user ratings, not the comments you see on the scorecard. Leaving comments is optional, which means people who disagree with the reputation are far more likely to leave them. In other words, the people who had bad experiences with the site were in the minority. You can learn more from the wiki FAQ.

Sami

Сообщение Sami » Ср фев 19, 2014 8:50 am

<quote user="jweboftrustb">
The misbehavior of 'Dis/Like' on some 'controversial' comments/domains: click Like does not increase the count! (unreasonable)
[/quote]

I can't reproduce this, seems to work just fine for me. When you press the agree button once, the number of agrees increases. When you press it again, it cancels your agree. The same happens if you have disagreed with a comment before and click agree again.

bobo280

Сообщение bobo280 » Вс фев 23, 2014 9:09 pm

<quote user="sami">
The reputation is based on user ratings, not the comments you see on the scorecard. Leaving comments is optional, which means people who disagree with the reputation are far more likely to leave them. In other words, the people who had bad experiences with the site were in the minority. You can learn more from the wiki FAQ.
[/quote]

the same thing appends with "softonics.com" The rating of the majority of the members is bad and the signal return periodicaly to
this site is a dangerous one : malwares, virus... thus wot woud have to protect the users.
Unfortunately, no way to have a contact with a reponsible of wot !

Sami

Сообщение Sami » Пн фев 24, 2014 11:13 am

<quote user="bobo280">
The rating of the majority of the members is bad
[/quote]

No, the ratings from the majority of people are good, hence the good reputation. You should learn the difference between comments and ratings.
Unfortunately, no way to have a contact with a reponsible of wot !
Have you tried the contact form?

MysteryFCM

Сообщение MysteryFCM » Пн фев 24, 2014 7:44 pm

<quote user="jweboftrustb">
hpHost Report (home) by HP?
[/quote]

To clarify, hpHosts has absolutely no relation to HP (Hewlett Packard), the "hp" in "hpHosts" was due to its being created by the then owner that used the moniker "hpGuru" (I took it over from him back in 2005/2006).

Quixote711

Сообщение Quixote711 » Сб июл 12, 2014 1:44 pm

I reported a piece of spam email to godaddy.com and provided them with all the relevant information to show that I was receiving email from NorthCaroliina -info@mail.NorthCarolinaJobDepartment.com - which is a watered down web site for jobs. North Carolina has its own job bank - website - that is a great place to look for work in this state.

I sent an email to unsubscribe from this source - both godaddy and the job search engine - have not done a thing. And I still get their email. Please see below:

Information regarding your request
Information regarding your request
The Domain Name Abuse Department has responded to your inquiry, details of which are described below:
Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting the GoDaddy Domain Name Abuse Department.

We can investigate this spam complaint for you to determine if there is a problem, if it is determined that a GoDaddy customer is sending unsolicited email messages, GoDaddy will take action against that customer.

In order for GoDaddy’s Domain Name Abuse Department to initiate our investigation we require the following information:

1. The complete and unedited email header information for the offending email message.
2. A copy of the offending email message provided within the body of the complaint or provided as an attachment.

Your complaint certainly satisfies the first requirement, providing complete email headers, and you also provided a copy of the offending message, but the format of the offending message poses a problem, it did not clearly exhibit exactly what website is being advertised.

Spam is often times sent in HTML format which can hide the URL advertised within the body of the message. This is not the case with the message you received, the opposite is true, the advertised URL is not viewable within the HTML source code for this message.

We suspect that the advertised URL is displayed within an embedded image that can only be seen when the message is viewed in HTML format. If you can forward the original message to abuse@godaddy.com as an attachment or provide the original message within the body of your complaint in HTML format, we should be able to view the advertised URL and can initiate our investigation.

GoDaddy’s firm stance against spam and Internet abuse requires the monitoring of millions of domain names, most of which are utilized in conjunction with the transmission of email in some form. This monitoring results in a very heavy workload, which is why GoDaddy requires spam and Internet abuse complaints to be formatted correctly. We realize that providing this information in the correct format may be complicated, correctly submitting your complaint will enable GoDaddy’s Domain Name Department to quickly and efficiently investigate this situation without delay.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your complaint to us, your efforts make it possible to combat spam and police our network.

Regards,

Domain Name Abuse
GoDaddy
ARID1020

I provided with the email header for a second time - JA!!

If you need further assistance with this matter, please reply to this email and reference [Incident ID: 23364507].

Thanks,
Domain Name Abuse Department
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.

In a "Google" search for godday.com I noticed that Wot showed a favorable rating but I have seen where other sites are so designated but if you receive email from a component partner then the email and Wot Rating is caution.

So the point to be made here is - whose rating and what rating becomes pertinent? Spam is a pure annoyance and if you can't get the website to unsubscribe and the owners of the web service to comply with a legitimate "abuse" report for spam; is there any need to go further? And with Wot showing a green status for trustworthy - how did the users that posted this - come to their conclusion? I thought Wot was all inclusive.

Nevertheless I am reporting this site for their actions so that consistency and correctness is employed for all ratings.

hotdoge3

Сообщение hotdoge3 » Вс июл 13, 2014 6:36 am

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dir ... answer-com

Approximately 76 Reports Found

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/justanswer.com

looks bad to me may be we need to fix it ?

Ответить