Problems with the website

Myxt

Re: Problems with the website - 2019/11/15

Post by Myxt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:45 am

MyWOT-Team wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:13 pm
Myxt wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:37 am
2e. disallow anonymous ratings, thus pitting public safety against that of members who may be targeted; *
* Example: A member receives spam email that links an unrated arbitrary subdomain which is a token that specifically identifies the recipient. If that subdomain is subsequently rated & commented on a scorecard, the email address, and possibly the real identity, of the rating member can be inferred.
Hey! great news! Issue 2e HAS BEEN FIXED! Now when leaving a review without a comment you'll be able to see it at the top of the page.
Clarification: Only you, the rating's author, will be able to see it.

Also: If you return later to review the scorecard, you will be able to see your rating. This is the intention, and it works for some sites but not all, and your rating may stop being visible after a period of time. Work in progress.

A440

Re: Errors during posting

Post by A440 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:53 am

Currently, I get the following error when posting comments:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/paul999/mention/event/main_listener.php on line 381: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1823: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
This needs a fix.

MyWOT-Team

Re: Errors during posting

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 am

A440 wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:53 am
Currently, I get the following error when posting comments:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/paul999/mention/event/main_listener.php on line 381: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1823: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
This needs a fix.
Thanks for sharing it. Our team is working to fix it and we'll let you know when it's done

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:26 pm

2c. no longer live link to raters' user profiles; - FIXED

Another one bites the dust.

The next update will make sure that only users who logged in can view users' profiles.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:57 am

Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:26 pm
2c. no longer live link to raters' user profiles; - FIXED
Another one bites the dust.
Thanks! This is much easier than guessing by Ouija board. It also helps in discovering clusters of sites rated by micro-workers.

Benzyl

Re: Problems with the website

Post by Benzyl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Points seems to be broken again since I've received all of two for my last eight submissions and not much more the last few months, as it's all I really get out of the website if you can't be bothered to fix it and keep it working why should I participate in any meaningful way? (Benzyl/4603152)

That was good!

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:14 pm

Benzyl wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Points seems to be broken again since I've received all of two for my last eight submissions and not much more the last few months, as it's all I really get out of the website if you can't be bothered to fix it and keep it working why should I participate in any meaningful way? (Benzyl/4603152)
I don't have any information about what issues are on WoT's bug list. However, I notice that you are approaching the maximum 10000-point limit of points which WoT currently awards. The points are awarded in a logarithmic scale, not in a linear method: The activity score was designed so that the more points which you have already earned, the more ratings you must submit to gain additional points. Additionally, at several points-levels in the award scheme, users may notice a plateau in their awarded points.

In the past, points usually appeared in a user's tally within a day after the ratings were submitted. Your personal ratings page should list the
ratings for which you have been credited. Ratings can be accepted from people who aren't currently logged into their user accounts, but those ratings cannot be credited the their accounts.

Benzyl

Post by Benzyl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Yeah, but I was getting a point a post up to a few weeks ago, if the sudden stepping down of points awarded (2 for my last eight posts) is the mechanism then I'll need another 8,000 ratings to get to platinum and frankly - duck fat!

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:29 pm

2. Scorecards:
2a. no longer include Trusted Sources values in trust scores and categories - FIXED
From now - confidence level is seen on Scorecard for both Trustworthiness and Child Safety when hovering over ToolTip.

Benzyl wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:36 pm
Points seems to be broken again since I’ve received all of two for my last eight submissions and not much more the last few months, as it’s all I really get out of the website if you can’t be bothered to fix it and keep it working why should I participate in any meaningful way? (Benzyl/4603152)
Hey Benzyl,
We extremely appreciate your WOT avidness and participation.
It is important to acknowledge that your scoring is not calculated by the number of reviews you leave (as NotBuyingIt mentioned), but it considers many different parameters.
We have passed this on to our R&D team in order to check if there is a specific issue in your case.

Thanks,
The WOT Team.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 am

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:29 pm
2. Scorecards:
2a. no longer include Trusted Sources values in trust scores and categories - FIXED
From now - confidence level is seen on Scorecard for both Trustworthiness and Child Safety when hovering over ToolTip.

What is shown in that image has been in place for some time, and has long existed in various forms (e.g., "people" icons, dials, color saturations, etc).

"Trusted Sources" are (were, until they were lost) a separate feature relying on evaluations by external Trusted vendors (Sources) such as VirusTotal, hpHosts, PhishTank, SpamHaus, Sucuri, and similar. Such evaluations were incorporated into WoT's trust scores to complement members' ratings. Thus some domain, already cited by VirusTotal for malware, would automatically have a low trust score at WoT even though no WoT members had yet rated it - thus providing greater protection of the WoT-using public. This is what is (was) meant by WoT's advertising that its ratings derive from human and machine assessments.

On 2019/12/02 I sent you examples of Trusted Sources inclusions into WoT scorecards:
Here is an actual live old-format scorecard:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160612161712/https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/gearbest.com
On this archived page you can click the menu arrow at the right of
"Information from third-party sources (1) V"
to see the record from Trusted Source hpHosts. Note, this page may contain handshaking clues.

Also:
oldSC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.