Problems with the website

spectre

Re: Problems with the website

Post by spectre » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:37 pm

MyWOT-Team wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:29 pm

We're now working on a new feature to enable it to all of our users. Would you like to share your thoughts on it?
To enable what for all your users?

I think you should look at repairing the multiple bugs you've created and ignored over the last 2 years before damaging the site further.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:12 am

To enable what for all your users?

I think you should look at repairing the multiple bugs you've created and ignored over the last 2 years before damaging the site further.
Currently, only on "Unrated sites" page, there is a required minimum of 15 characters for each comment. We're considering adding this feature also to the scorecard, means every page rate will require adding a comment. What're your thoughts on it?

We're also working on task prioritization for the next quarters. Are there any bugs or new features you think we should prioritize?

spectre

Post by spectre » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:12 am

Currently, only on "Unrated sites" page, there is a required minimum of 15 characters for each comment. We're considering adding this feature also to the scorecard, means every page rate will require adding a comment. What're your thoughts on it?

We're also working on task prioritization for the next quarters. Are there any bugs or new features you think we should prioritize?
Forced comments are a terrible idea. There are times when members can't leave comments with their ratings due to privacy & safety reasons. Several members have been threatened / harassed over their comments in the past, one was a teenager. This will result in lots of dangerous sites with no ratings.
We had this discussion numerous times over the years with the previous Wot staff, & were promised this would never happen.

Why are new members able to leave shorter comments than long term members?

In regard to fixing bugs, you should prioritise all of them. Bugs = something being broken. If something is broken it should be fixed before any new feature is added.
There are several forum posts discussing bugs, and I've sent many emails listing them, so you're already aware of them.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:50 am

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:12 am
Are there any bugs or new features you think we should prioritize?
With respect to user spectre's recommendation of fixing bugs before developing new features, one should not build his house on sand. If you review just this topic - "Problems with the website" _https://forum.mywot.com/support-f6/problems-with-the-website-t59162.html - you will find plenty of extant problems needing resolution.

In addition, this topic exists in the subForum "Support" - _https://forum.mywot.com/support-f6/ - along with many similar topics. All of these bugs, which put people off from contributing in the community, should keep WoT's devs quite busy. Of course, if the devs do focus on these bugs, WoT may not immediately have a great deal of polish to show investors, but it will have a stronger more active community.

Here's just one example: Why do I prefix long links with underscore characters? Here is the link to this post, showing what the Forum does to it:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59162&p=269771#p269771
Go ahead and click it to see where it goes. In other cases, the Forum replaces the middle of a link with elipsis "...".

MarkGiles

We couldn't find reviews for /en[sitename]

Post by MarkGiles » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:06 pm

This week I have encountered many situations where I get the usual red pop-up warning
Careful!
You gave this site a low rating in the past. Proceed with caution.

When I select the option
View Full Report
I get sent to a page containing
  • We couldn't find reviews for /enSITENAME.com . . (where SITENAME is the web site name, which as a suffix of "en" added in error}
    Be the first to write a review and help others with your feedback
This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

MyWOT-Team

Re: We couldn't find reviews for /en[sitename]

Post by MyWOT-Team » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:07 pm

MarkGiles wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:06 pm
This week I have encountered many situations where I get the usual red pop-up warning
Careful!
You gave this site a low rating in the past. Proceed with caution.

When I select the option
View Full Report
I get sent to a page containing
  • We couldn't find reviews for /enSITENAME.com . . (where SITENAME is the web site name, which as a suffix of "en" added in error}
    Be the first to write a review and help others with your feedback
This is a bug that needs to be fixed.
Thanks for sharing it! Could you please also report it via https://support.mywot.com/ and attach screenshots or a short video?

Myxt

Re: We couldn't find reviews for /en[sitename]

Post by Myxt » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:06 pm
... "We couldn't find reviews for /enSITENAME.com" ...
Seems fixed:
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/insider.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warning-yellowribbon
But (facepalm) what browser was it?

MarkGiles

Post by MarkGiles » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:50 am

I loaded kingswayvacation.com

I got the red warning pop-up:

>Careful!
>You gave this site a low rating in the past. Proceed with caution.

I clicked "View Full Report"

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/kingswayvacation.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=warning-security

>We couldn't find reviews for /enkingswayvacation.com
>Be the first to write a review and help others with your feedback

Note the "en" has been pre-pended to the site name.

Platform: Windows 10, Browser - Google Chrome is up to date
Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

[Your request was successfully submitted.]

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:04 am

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:50 am
>We couldn't find reviews for /enkingswayvacation.com
OK, not fixed. What's more, I didn't get the warning pop-up, so I clicked the WoT icon in the browser's toolbar, then clicked "View Full Scorecard", and none was found for "/enkingswayvacation.com".

Myxt

Re: Interstitial Scorecard-Not-Found Page

Post by Myxt » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:40 am

A secondary problem with the interstitial Scorecard-Not-Found page is that it offers tricky people a method for guessing at their reliability - a parameter we are not supposed to know. That page assures there are no ratings for that scorecard. To test this, I created a scorecard for a fictitious site, then rated and commented it, then deleted the rating and comment. When I reloaded the page, it was again covered by the SCNF page.

With this bit of information, scorecard spammers could convene to test whose methods have the greatest effects, and then train others.

For this, and a variety of other reasons including forced comments, the SCNF page should be eliminated.