No red marking / no flagging

NoScams

No red marking / no flagging

Сообщение NoScams » Чт янв 28, 2016 3:17 am

Since a few month some sites do get any red marks. Means, it's pointless to have the Chrome/Firefox app installed as those sites will not get flagged.

The 'trustworthiness wheel' is also colorless.

Example:

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/globalshipgs.com

(please don't add ratings to keep the condition)

NotBuyingIt

RE: No red marking / no flagging

Сообщение NotBuyingIt » Чт янв 28, 2016 3:35 am

The 'trustworthiness wheel' is also colorless. ”

A gray "No Reputation" icon may indicate a very poor consensus, even if many users have rated a site. Or it may indicate that the influence of each user's ratings has lessened over time to the point of insignificance. Re-rating a site may renew the influence of your ratings.

Another user seems to have [url=https://www.mywot.com/forum/63572-your-algorithm t=_self]a similar complaint[/url] and suspects the strength of her ratings have recently been reset to the rookie level (or less). Were that the cause, submitting many new ratings in a responsible manner should build their influence. (Some people warn against adversely rating certain Finnish basketball teams but I don't know about that. <irony/> )

NoScams

Сообщение NoScams » Чт янв 28, 2016 6:11 am

The site I used as example (I can find probably a few 100) has ratings by 2 users, both are red.

If mywot doesn't flag sites then it becomes utterly useless.

MyWOT-Team

Сообщение MyWOT-Team » Чт янв 28, 2016 11:18 am

WOT only displays a site's reputation when the confidence level is high enough. We collect ratings and compute the reputations approximately every 30 mins & do not reveal how many users actually rated the site. Once our algorithm calculates that the computed result has high enough confidence level we display the result as a site's reputation.

bobs2016

Сообщение bobs2016 » Пт янв 29, 2016 2:27 am

I have a similar problem. I rated several websites (rated "I trust" and left comments), but the icon "I trust" does not show up under my comments.

spectre

Сообщение spectre » Пт янв 29, 2016 2:36 am

<quote user="mywot team">
WOT only displays a site's reputation when the confidence level is high enough. We collect ratings and compute the reputations approximately every 30 mins & do not reveal how many users actually rated the site. Once our algorithm calculates that the computed result has high enough confidence level we display the result as a site's reputation.
[/quote]
I'm sorry but I don't think this answer is adequate. Telling us how ratings should work, when there is clearly a problem is not helpful. It is mostly experienced members who are reporting this, not new ones.
The problem apparently started in August 2015 .

NoScams

Сообщение NoScams » Пт янв 29, 2016 2:56 am

[/quote]

So what you are saying is that my individual ratings are useless and that they are not used to warn others.

If that's the case I will stop using Mywot. All contributors that have the aim to warn others should stop contributing to mywot then.

Another example:

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/aiptns.com

No red flag in Chrome/Firefox. No thrust flag either for this very obvious scam site. If that's the new policy then MyWot truly sux.

Сообщение Guest » Пт янв 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Hello =
https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/aiptns.com
ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=aiptns.com
This site should be the deepest red available and NoScams used to rate red a site on his own because he is trusted and accurate, let me put this way, 100% is quite difficult to achieve, he is one of the few that could
Once our algorithm calculates that the computed result has high enough confidence level we display the result as a site's reputation
Well the algorithm needs a reboot and fast, which is a shame because the work done in the layout and most of the functionality of the new WOT, is amazing, please look into this problem
Best regards

MyWOT-Team

Сообщение MyWOT-Team » Пн фев 01, 2016 2:57 pm

[/quote]

You can choose to display your ratings to others - go to Edit Profile and uncheck the box “Don’t show my ratings”

To everyone else in this thread - we are constantly working to improve WOT. We take your suggestions and requests into consideration, even if we don't always address them.

spectre

Сообщение spectre » Пн фев 01, 2016 3:16 pm

You can choose to display your ratings to others - go to Edit Profile and uncheck the box “Don’t show my ratings”

To everyone else in this thread - we are constantly working to improve WOT. We take your suggestions and requests into consideration, even if we don't always address them.
[/quote]
I don't see any improvements. There are more problems now than there have ever been. Wot is not working as it should, & I find rating sites is currently either a waste of time or has a reverse impact on scorecards.
You are in danger of losing the majority of your long term members if these issues aren't resolved quickly.

Ответить