Good bye until you understand what is this community for and how to manage it.

№3344

Good bye until you understand what is this community for and how to manage it.

Post by №3344 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:46 pm

This is not a trolling, this is not offtopic and not for flood.

People, I am really tired of bad things happening here, and I see no any point to continue participation in this community.

1. The system is not accepting my ratings due to the WOT software flaws
2. I can't change my existing ratings and am unable to edit existing comments
3. I can't move articles using ANY browser, and NO ONE from the staff can help me
4. I reported tons of flood and several trolls, but in vain - they are NOT hidden/banned
5. Support is unable to help me in dealing with Russian angry and troll users NOR they accept my help in dealing with them.

The only reply I receive from the WOT staff within support forum section is to forward my bug reports to their email instead of providing real help and assistence.

I am tired of this huge flaw and ignorance. I think WOT are not interested in their users anymore.

PS.
@MyWOT Team,
Please find something REALLY useful to bring on the forum. I am sick of your wildcard replies like "we're investigating this issue, please give us example so we can recreate it".

Site-rater

RE: Good bye until you understand what is this community for and

Post by Site-rater » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Regarding the wiki issues, unfortunately it looks like the wiki software hasn't been touched for a long time. https://www.mywot.com/wiki/Special:Version reports that it is running version 1.19, an end-of-life version, and PHP 5.3, also end-of-life. As for MariaDB you will have to check with them for life cycle policies; they are an independent fork of MySQL.

Regarding the Special:Version link, that is a special page present on all MediaWiki installations that gives version info for MediaWiki, the PHP interpreter, and the database engine. At this time, webmasters should be running either the latest 1.23 (LTS) or 1.26 release, soon to be just the latest 1.27 (LTS) release when it comes out.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry for your frustration and hope we can clear these issues up.

As far as participating in the community goes, this is about much more than communicating with WOT and WOT communicating with our users. It's about the entire WOT community - people like you, Shazza, Matiks, Site-rater, ScamKiller 73, Super Hero, (and many many others), working together to help people avoid malicious websites and scams.

The technical issues are there, no doubt about it, and our dev team is working hard to not only fix the reported issues, but also to improve the site and service, and not everything they do will be visible to our users.

The Support Forum:
This is ideal for reporting bugs that affect large amounts of users. When users report bugs on the forum we quickly try to re-create the bug so we can properly diagnose the issue and assign the dev ticket accordingly. Sometimes we aren’t able to recreate the issues without further information - such as which browser (and browser version) is being used and what actions are done to lead up to the bug. Otherwise we have no way of re-creating and diagnosing the bug.

When it comes to bugs that are affecting only one user, it’s best to turn to Support (via the contact form or email) who can take an in-depth look at your individual profile and help solve the issues you’re facing. In this scenario as well, detailed explanations will help us to understand exactly how the bug works and how to recreate it.

Regarding moderation on the Russian forum, we have moderators we’re working and communicating with in order to maintain discussions on the forum in a positive way and according to guidelines. We provide the tools and guidelines for the community to follow and it’s the responsibility of the community to follow them.

Regards,

№3344

Post by №3344 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:37 pm

MyWOT Team, I highly recommend you to read and re-read again and again all my tickets sent to you c-l-o-s-e-l-y.

Only couple ordinary (low severity) requests were answered and no technical problems were resolved nor have you been quickly helpful to me in dealing with two angry and troll users that made your forum almost a flood haven at the time you were requesting my claims to be proven within 2 (two!) days. And some flood still continue to be left on forums untouched.

I do not wish any bad for you, I do wish only good and peace for you team and community; but probably you do not wish it for yourself. Hence now, this is my last response, let be you with flood aboard as you wish.

Edit:
<quote user="mywot team">This is ideal for reporting bugs that affect large amounts of users. When users report bugs on the forum we quickly try to re-create the bug so we can properly diagnose the issue and assign the dev ticket accordingly. Sometimes we aren’t able to recreate the issues without further information - such as which browser (and browser version) is being used and what actions are done to lead up to the bug. Otherwise we have no way of re-creating and diagnosing the bug.

When it comes to bugs that are affecting only one user, it’s best to turn to Support (via the contact form or email) who can take an in-depth look at your individual profile and help solve the issues you’re facing. In this scenario as well, detailed explanations will help us to understand exactly how the bug works and how to recreate it.[/quote]

I would like you to show me at least one bug that I reported lonely myself. Yes, there is a bug regarding Wiki flaw; but don't you think that reporting this kind of little minor bug twice isn't making any sense? What you want me to provide for you via contact form more to resolve this TRIVIAL problem? In general there are tons of bugs reported collectively in many existing and new threads, that I am not experiencing just myself. In other words: I am never alone.

<quote user="mywot team">Regarding moderation on the Russian forum, we have moderators we’re working and communicating with in order to maintain discussions on the forum in a positive way and according to guidelines. We provide the tools and guidelines for the community to follow and it’s the responsibility of the community to follow them.[/quote]

Again - read my support requests, and I'm hoping, you'll understand the biggest flaw. Note please - I am Russian native speaker and I know a lot more than you can only guess.

Going to terminate myself online.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Take some time off Nick Vini, but don't leave us forever. . . we need you and I need you here.
Go enjoy the small wonders of life.

Armored

Post by Armored » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Sad if your leaving Nick. I remember years ago when you first joined WOT I think it was not long after I joined in 2010. I have enjoyed many of your contributions. Maybe you could take DT's advice and have a temporary break? I mean flip, I stopped contributing in the Forum for ages but I still kept my account and sometimes popped my head out to say hello, help out and/or piss a few people off ~smiles~

Speaking of bugs.....No! I better not start!