I can't agree or disagree to comments for brothersoft.com?

Armored

I can't agree or disagree to comments for brothersoft.com?

Post by Armored » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:38 am

Hi there, I'm just wondering why i'm not able to agree or disagree to comments for brothersoft.com? i'm able to do this for other websites but not this one.

have a look

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:00 am

to the grey bar on the [url=https://www.mywot.com'' t=_self]scorecard[/url] with the text: [Controversial rating: the ratings for this site are conflicting.]
If you read this on any scorecaed, agree/disagree with the comments is disabled.

Jazspeak

Not again, please.

Post by Jazspeak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:05 am

Brothersoft has been extensively discussed many times on this forum. For instance, http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/5894-please-leave-your-valuable-comments

If you type brothersoft into the forum search box you will find plenty of info. Let's not have another discussion on this topic, please.

Armored

THANKYOU

Post by Armored » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks for your quick and clear reply. Now I understand how it works.
I thought my profile had a bug or something?

Armored

I was discussing a "FUNCTION" not Brothersoft.

Post by Armored » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:42 am

My Question was not about brothersoft it was about a function that i thought wasn't working. I just happened to notice it when i was rating brothersoft. Thankfully another user actually "read" my question and was kind enough to answer it. I don't care about brothersoft I just wanted to know why i couldn't agree or disagree on comments. In future please read questions carefully before you give a reply. Anyway thanks to klaus_b I now have an accurate and "useful" answer .

phantazm

Use the forum search box

Post by phantazm » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:27 pm

Sometimes ratings for a site are conflicting, and usually there's a reason for that.
If I should add something: Use the forum search box.
The relevant thread most likely already exists...

Jazspeak

Temper, temper

Post by Jazspeak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Your question specifically mentioned brothersoft, whereas you could have framed your question in more general terms. So before you get on your high horse perhaps you should consider the way that you frame your questions.

Armored

No temper just annoyed.

Post by Armored » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 am

Off course my question specifically mentioned brothersoft. Like I said earlier I only noticed my problem when I tried to agree or disagree to comments on "brothersoft.com". Therefore I felt it was necessary to mention them. And as it turns out I was right, because if I didn't mention them Klaus_b would not have been able to give me such a quick and accurate answer. me mentioning them gave him the right direction to look. Also I can't believe you just encouraged me to be GENERAL in my questions!!,please do not give this advice to others. You should be encouraging people to be SPECIFIC in their questions not general, so as not to waste people's time. So with these points in mind, also for the fact that I received an accurate answer within minutes of posting my question: The conclusion is, my question was phrased well.
Also. Did I curse you or use any foul language. If I did then maybe u can say I lost my temper. Admittedly your reply annoyed me, for the already mentioned reasons, but that's as far as it went. Finally I encourage you again read questions carefully like Klaus_b did, before you post a reply.

Jazspeak

Re:

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:28 am

You could have asked why you are unable to agree or disagree with comments on some scorecards. This is specific to your stated problem whilst being general in terms of which site's scorecards are affected.

Armored

please read questions carefully.

Post by Armored » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:33 pm

No I couldn't have asked "Why am I able to agree or disagree with comments on some scorecards". Becaude as I said already The problem WAS ONLY NOTICED WITH BROTHERSOFT. If I actually experienced the problem on "SOME scorcards" then I could have said that. But the problem was experienced only with brothersoft.
Also even if I did experience it with multiple websites mentioning brothersoft as an example will still not be wrong. It was simply chance that I noticed it on brothersoft. If I noticed it on your website then I would have mentioned your website in my intial question. Please read questions carefully in future.