What antivirus do you have?

RE: What antivirus do you have?

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:29 pm

I asked about evidence not a comodo link.

noob.

Really?

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Analysis includes everything from Malzilla to IDA, Wepawet, CaptureBAT, InCtrl5, Wireshark, Fiddler, JSUnpack, hex editors, file insight, scripts/programs/services written by friends/other vendors, and a ton of scripts/programs I've written myself. What I'm using tends to depend on what I'm analyzing (e.g. I also use the likes of Total Uninstall from time to time).

As for security software, on my primary machine;

NOD32 ESS Business Edition
Malwarebytes AntiMalware
WinPatrol
Microsoft Security Essentials

Others machines use the above + HostsMan, custom scripts/programs I've written over the years, and are buffered between 2 routers with firewall/IDS/IPS, and 3 switches, all with IDS/IPS running, and of course, Snort.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:44 pm

What a site tells you should be taken with a pinch of salt, as should any awards it's gotten.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:44 pm

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Leave me alone you noob.
Less of the insults please.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Because I prefer the layered approach, and both catch things the other misses.

NOD32 ESS comes with a built in firewall, which negates the need for a seperate one.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:57 pm

I wouldn't recommend Comodo at all. Detection rates are okay, but not as good as most others, resource usage is higher than others (only ones I know of that use more resources than Comodo are McAfee, Norton and Avast), and Melih has shown time and time again, that trusting him is a monumentally bad idea.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: Comodo

but it is highly recommended by almost everyone.

It is! ~cough~ The only people I see who recommend this are PC and Internet Magazines. Hardly what I would call reliable Not forgetting the Comodo fan base but we both know loyal supporters will not say otherwise. Personally, Comodo would be the last company and software I would turn to. That's my opinion.

Still, each to their own and it comes down to personal preference on what a person believes is best for them.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:39 pm

I personally would recommend Comodo!
Well to anyone I dislike and would like to get even with. ~smiles~

I have tried several of their products. In the hands of average users, lots of their freeware is just right down dangerous.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Rogue Av's are clean (in the eyes of the unknowing) and un messy, doing it all for you too but this doesn't mean they are useful or trustworthy either. ;) Not here to debate the issue further but simply state that Comodo is (imo) about as trustworthy as any malware.

vortexlabs

Post by vortexlabs » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:21 pm

MBAM
Expired Norton Antivirus 2009