Mass Rating Tool Madness?

donsorg

RE: Mass Rating Tool Madness?

Post by donsorg » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:34 am

<quote user="exstreme">
Почему-то мне казалось, что MRT выдаётся после одобрения администрации. Однако не единичные случаи получения непонятными пользователями заставляют усомняться в данном факте.
Как яркий пример, пользователь, достигший платинового статуса за 2-3 дня, уже пользуется MRT.
[/quote]

MRT выдается автоматически по достижению платинового статуса. Но это не значит, что система хоть сколько-нибудь доверяет пользователю, который набросал оценки за 2-3 дня, ради статуса.

А о каком пользователе идет речь?

exstreme

Post by exstreme » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 am

https://www.mywot.com/ru/user/4376708
Оценка айпи адресов рандомными категориями.
Хотя это частный случай, с подобным поведением я видел и ещё несколько пользователей.
Меня интересует, как они осуществляют такое количество оценок?
Вручную, или же тут пришло время автоматики?

То, что система им не доверяет и так видно, однако на мой взгляд они засоряют комментариями, которые не всегда являются адекватными.

spectre

Post by spectre » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Mass Rating Tool is being abused by members rating from 4-5 year old threads / blacklists. Looking through those lists I have found members commenting / rating sites that no longer exist, so they are obviously not checking any of the sites they comment / rate.
IMO members who do this have ulterior motives.

A440

Post by A440 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:39 am

<quote user="shazza">
Mass Rating Tool is being abused by members rating from 4-5 year old threads. . . they are obviously not checking any of the sites they comment / rate.
IMO members who do this have ulterior motives.
[/quote]I'm not sure I follow, what motivation would they have for rating in such a manner? Does this affect their ability to exert influence somehow?

swtrse

Post by swtrse » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 am

<quote user="russiasmm">
If the site owner does not agree with the rating. Let submits a request to submit their sites for evaluation.

Если владелец сайта не согласен с рейтингом. Пусть подает запрос на переоценку своего сайта.
[/quote]

Been there done that.

But it seems that unless you are hosting a Russian site the request got ignored and nothing changes.
I have seen many new (mostly Russian) site evaluation requests after my request, where users have responded nearly instantly while my request goes down the list and will soon be forsaken in the sea of old posts.
There is the feeling that all you need to have a good rating is some friends (over the Facebook community this seems not much of a problem) that rate your site shortly after the request, so the system seems broken.
At least the system for the site evaluation.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 am

<quote user="swtrse">
Been there done that.

But it seems that unless you are hosting a Russian site the request got ignored and nothing changes.
I have seen many new (mostly Russian) site evaluation requests after my request, where users have responded nearly instantly while my request goes down the list and will soon be forsaken in the sea of old posts.
There is the feeling that all you need to have a good rating is some friends (over the Facebook community this seems not much of a problem) that rate your site shortly after the request, so the system seems broken.
At least the system for the site evaluation.
[/quote]

Please be advised, everyone here is a user and volunteers to reply on these sites etc (us moderators included). I realise it is frustrating to have your request without reply but ask for patience (if it's been over 30 days since your request was made, please feel free to "bump" it (by replying to it - this will put it back to the top of the list))

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm thinking this thread needs to be locked so people can start new ones. No one even remembers what the point of this thread is in order to stay on topic.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:40 am

This topic should, at the very least, be renamed.

When you Google search for info about the MRT, this Madness appears as result #2 on page#1, where the average surfer with no opinion and a short attention span stands to be misled on first impression because he will not read all of the explanations.

Even the OP came to realize early on that this topic was misnamed, but abandoned it without renaming it.