Post by NoScams » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:23 am

Is there a new mass tool link?

NotBuyingIt

Re: mass tool link?

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:59 am

NoScams wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:23 am
Yes, there is. Your question has been moved to the thread where an answer is posted (located two posts previous to your question).

Myxt

Re: Problems with the website

Post by Myxt » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:08 am

spectre wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:08 pm
is it coincidence that these 'upgrades' are rolled out during school holidays?

(Judging by the way the dev account is irresponsibly rating sites blindly from lists with total disregard to WoT guidelines ...)

Can anyone see any improvements in the site or evidence of any bug fixes?
Maybe school holidays are the only time that soccer-moms/dads get any free time to code :?:

(May be TESTING. "I see nothing!" - Shultz)

Sign-ins, next-page loads, and Previews/Submits now usually succeed.

Actually, I'm not being as nice as I could be about the user profiles: A great many rookies arrived at WoT thinking that all of those old social media glamour links (Twitter, etc, in the profile) meant they could establish more back-links at a high-PR site for IM purposes. Unfortunately, several people ended up divulging a risky amount of PII. That both issues have been eliminated is a good thing.

Two things I currently dislike:

From the user profile, it isn't possible to search or display my own ratings which have no comments (seriously, I refuse to leave clues to my identity by commenting on recognizable details of my spam email); just as it is still impossible to download all of my ratings & comments.

Currently, the domain scorecard "Search" box helpfully drops down a limited list of common TLDs, and preemptively enforces whichever one I last moused-over. Thus, if my target domain is abc.xyz, this bug automatically loads a scorecard for abc.xyz.com or .net, etc; then I'm forced to edit the content of the browser's address bar to remove the superfluous .suffix and then load the remaining address.

Speaking of code (apologism):

I used to do quite a bit of it. Although it's possible today to plug together several APIs and other magic whiz-bangs, tweak some settings, and call it a "product"; many things (like WoT, I suspect) involve a great deal of in-house, hands-on coding. In one respect, coders are of two minds:

- Whip up something that limps well, deliver it yesterday, fix it tomorrow (~ Noodles Rule of programming), and keep my job. Or make something mysterious, the workings of which only I understand, thus making it resistant to plagiarism, and keep my job. For secrecy or lack of time, such coders don't document their code.

- Code something solid that survives exotic misuse, and write detailed comments within the code itself so that, after much time passes, the original coder or his successors can understand how to manage it.

The WoT of old probably had quite a lot of undocumented hand-coding which has been moved/re-imagined on a dissimilar platform by a minimal and shifting team. I'm actually surprised it has come this far (or this long, depending on one's mood) - and that anyone is continuing to work on it.

NoScams

Post by NoScams » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:46 pm

I ask support and got following answer:
Hi,

We have checked it out and it looks like your account never got the privilege of Mass Rating Tool.
It looks like you are using very similar logo and user name to our trusted member, so we will take a note of this as an attempt to cheat and identity theft.

Kind regards,
WOT Support
Not sure what they are smoking, but seems good quality.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:54 am

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:46 pm
Hi,

We have checked it out and it looks like your account never got the privilege of Mass Rating Tool.
It looks like you are using very similar logo and user name to our trusted member, so we will take a note of this as an attempt to cheat and identity theft.

Kind regards,
WOT Support
The MRT is gone for me too.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:43 am

... It looks like you are using very similar logo and user name to our trusted member ...
Maybe remind this person that WoT's move to the new platform automatically created a second profile for everyone.
The user account number for your rating profile is 808290; for your forum profile, it is 808390.
Your forum profile avatar is actually loaded from your rating profile; and you've been here since before there was hair.

NoScams

Post by NoScams » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:50 am

Myxt wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:43 am

... It looks like you are using very similar logo and user name to our trusted member ...
Maybe remind this person that WoT's move to the new platform automatically created a second profile for everyone.
The user account number for your rating profile is 808290; for your forum profile, it is 808390.
Your forum profile avatar is actually loaded from your rating profile; and you've been here since before there was hair.
Will see what they come up when they are sober again.

Update:
Seems it has been sorted out. MRT hasn't arrived yet, I will give it some time.
Last edited by NoScams on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:58 am

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:50 am
Will see what they come up when they are sober again.
Wishful thinking ... it's The Holidays there too.

SOW: Happy Holidays!

NoScams

MRT - mass rate tool

Post by NoScams » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:15 am

The MRT link is back for me in a new design. What's missing are the options:

[ ] Delete my ratings and comments

[ ] Do not update if has already a comment

....or something like that. Maybe I phrased it wrong.

The first isn't too important for me. I can live with that. But the 2nd one is quite useful.

Hope we get them back.

MarkGiles

User pull-down failure and MRT inaccessibility

Post by MarkGiles » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:55 am

I log in to mywot.

On the top right there is my account picture's icon. It has a pull-down arrow.

Here is the User Account icon pull-down menu (and what happens):
* My Profile (loads https://www.mywot.com/en/user/1965863/ratings)
* Claim a Site (no function occurs)
* My Sites (no function occurs)
* Mass Rating (no function occurs)
* Log out (no function occurs)

I am still unable to perform any mass ratings. Is everyone suffering the same problem?