Problems with the website

Myxt

Re: User pull-down failure and MRT inaccessibility

Post by Myxt » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:27 am

MarkGiles wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:55 am
I log in to mywot.

On the top right there is my account picture's icon. It has a pull-down arrow.

Here is the User Account icon pull-down menu (and what happens):
* My Profile (loads https://www.mywot.com/en/user/1965863/ratings)
* Claim a Site (no function occurs)
* My Sites (no function occurs)
* Mass Rating (no function occurs)
* Log out (no function occurs)

I am still unable to perform any mass ratings. Is everyone suffering the same problem?
All choices are functional for me in
W10 Home 64-bit v1809 build 17763.195 + Chrome 64-bit v71.0.3578.98 + WoT v4.0.10.21

MarkGiles

Problems with the new MRT

Post by MarkGiles » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:06 am

I finally got into the Mass Rating Tool by logging in with a browser I never usually invoke (Explorer) then somehow it works (though intermittently) under W10 + Chrome.
The direct link format is https://www.mywot.com/en/user/your-id/mass-rating (insert your ID)

PROBLEM 1
After mass rating about 150, I now received a red colored message
Something went wrong, please try again later
Half an hour later, it had not recovered. Eventually it accepted more requests.

PROBLEM 2
Another nasty surprise is that all URLs have to be comma separated instead of optionally one per line.

PROBLEM 3
And another surprise is to find that if you submit more than 100 it no longer processes the first 100 and allows you to submit again for the remainder.

PROBLEM 4
Yet another nasty surprise is to find that now the rating selections and the comments are cleared from one submission to the next, necessitating additional work by the MRT user.

PROBLEM 5
The previous version accepted the variable symbol !domain in the message, and replaced it the actual domain name being mass rated. Now it does not make the replacement, so that you can no longer have a customized message.

PROBLEM 6
This is not a new problem, but it would have been nice to see it fixed in a new release. You cannot format the message with new lines, spacing etc to make it more readable. Instead, every line is run on to the next. No new lines, no new paragraphs. This makes the carefully formatted text practically unreadable.

PROBLEM 7
Unlike the previous version, there is no facility to mass delete a previous set of rated URLs. Sure, you can submit new ratings to replace the previous ones, but that is not always what you want to do.

Myxt

Re: Problems with the website

Post by Myxt » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:40 am

RE "PROBLEM 1" (a BAD solution that works):
Sign out and exit mywot.com.
Clear cookies for mywot.com and www.mywot.com.
Open and sign-in to mywot.com.
MassRate the next 100.

P.S.: If we could find which cookie name is the culprit, it might be possible to code a bookmarklet to delete it from the browser toolbar.

procyon

Post by procyon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Seriously? What becomes the phone number, I didn't notice something in privacy-policy? What third service is used?

abuse-h

Post by abuse-h » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Stuck with "Problem 0" - no MRT link on my profile and the "direct link" shows up for a second or two only, then redirects to the main page...
(and obviously I've used MRT before...)

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:44 am

procyon wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:18 pm
Seriously? What becomes the phone number, I didn't notice something in privacy-policy? What third service is used?
Just now got on my Android phone, opened Chrome (also Firefox), opened mywot.com, and tapped "Install", and went straight to the WoT extension at Google Play. What steps sent you to the SMS decision box?

(Happy New Year. Good to "see" you again!)

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 am

abuse-h wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:52 pm
Stuck with "Problem 0" - no MRT link on my profile and the "direct link" shows up for a second or two only, then redirects to the main page...
(and obviously I've used MRT before...)
For lack of a better term, your new mass-rating page may not yet be "initialized", as seems to have happened for MarkGiles. What may work (in order of severity - if one works, stop there):

- See if it will load in another browser; then try to load in your primary browser.
- Quit any MyWoT pages, delete cookies for "mywot.com" and "www.mywot.com", restart the browser.
- Uninstall the browser extension, delete (*.)mywot.com cookies, restart the browser, reinstall the extension.

procyon

Post by procyon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Myxt wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:44 am
Just now got on my Android phone, opened Chrome (also Firefox), opened mywot.com, and tapped "Install", and went straight to the WoT extension at Google Play. What steps sent you to the SMS decision box?

(Happy New Year. Good to "see" you again!)
Happy New Year :)

You can see these two buttons when accessing with a desktop user agent. You can try this in your Android device (Chrome or FF) on this page: https://www.mywot.com/en/mobile after checking the desktop mode.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:36 am

procyon wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:58 pm
You can see these two buttons when accessing with a desktop user agent. You can try this in your Android device (Chrome or FF) on this page: https://www.mywot.com/en/mobile after checking the desktop mode.
Unless I intended to test all options, for me those are too many steps: instantiate the form, enter my phone#, receive an SMS, and follow the link back to the same Play Store app anyway.

The Privacy Policy says WoT collects general PII, names some specific PII, and does not declare that the named PII is the only PII collected. It does not mention whether WoT does, or does not, collect and/or retain and/or disseminate your telephone number. If WoT uses the phone number only to send the SMS, and does nothing else with it, I would not consider this "collection". As in any reasonable PP, it does provide a method of contact for questions.

My guess is: WoT provided this wayward method for people who (a) mainly use their phones for SMS, or (b) want a convenient way to send a link to friends.

TechnoBear

Problems with website

Post by TechnoBear » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:56 am

It's been a long time since I've seen any increase in my points, despite adding reviews. It's not a major issue for me, so I didn't bother reporting it. However I also notice today that I cannot see reviews on scorecards - my reviews or anyone else's - when I'm logged in to my account. If I log out the reviews are there, but when I log in they vanish.

All my reviews have been made via the website; I no longer have a WOT add-on installed.