Problems with the website

Myxt

Re: Problems with website

Сообщение Myxt » Пт янв 04, 2019 9:45 am

TechnoBear писал(а): ↑
Чт янв 03, 2019 11:56 am
If I log out the reviews are there, but when I log in they vanish.
When you are logged in, what is your user number - as in https://www.mywot.com/en/user/200642/ratings

TechnoBear

Re: Problems with the website

Сообщение TechnoBear » Вт янв 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Apologies for the late response; I've been away without Internet access.

This is the URL for my profile: https://www.mywot.com/en/user/200642/ratings

Myxt

Сообщение Myxt » Ср янв 16, 2019 11:16 am

Чт янв 03, 2019 11:56 am
It's been a long time since I've seen any increase in my points, despite adding reviews.

I cannot see reviews on scorecards ... when I'm logged in to my account. If I log out the reviews are there ...
All my reviews have been made via the website; I no longer have a WOT add-on installed.
Activity points are accrued on a logarithmic scale; so as you progress from zero to platinum, (a) the same effort yields fewer activity points = (b) it takes more effort to accrue activity points. This (along with other automated analyses of rating quality and consistency) helps to foil "instant platinums" seeking "power". As a silver member with over 5K points, you are beginning to notice the pull of gravity (after you pass 9K, it's more like swimming in molasses in January), so you're right to be unconcerned about it (especially as one who rated about 45 domains in all of 2018).

I have the WoT add-on installed in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, and not installed in Edge and Tor. I can see scorecard comments (including yours) in each browser, whether I'm logged in to WoT or not. I have IE11, but Microsoft now keeps it locked in a padded room so no one can hear the screams.

Things to try (step-wise):
On the assumption that you are using Windows 10, 8, or 7 (1 year to End-Of-Life) ...

Make sure your browsers' versions are current (except IE, which I recommend replacing with nearly any other browser except Lynx). Make sure to update them only from their manufacturers' sites, not from AndysCuriousPrograms.con ...

If you have just updated the browser you normally use at WoT, look again for scorecard comments while logged in. If you see them, then stop here - you're done. Otherwise ...

Look through that browser's settings and add-ons for severe restrictions that block elements that are injected into pages. The good guys do this (and call it "responsive design") as much as the bad guys, so you may need to white-list [*.]mywot.com if you wish to keep certain restrictions. For add-ons, test one-at-a-time: disable, test (login to WoT, look for scorecard comments, log out), enable, restart the browser, go to the next add-on. Multi-purpose, do-everything, "convenience" toolbars can be problematic. Yes, it's tedious.

Let me know what you discover.

EDIT:
One unexpected thing is that you have scorecard comments going back to 2009, but your "join date" in this forum is 2016.

Site-rater

Сообщение Site-rater » Сб янв 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Myxt писал(а): ↑
Ср янв 16, 2019 11:16 am
EDIT:
One unexpected thing is that you have scorecard comments going back to 2009, but your "join date" in this forum is 2016.
This could be a bug in the migration from the old Drupal-based forum to this phpBB forum.

MarkGiles

Mass Rating Tool

Сообщение MarkGiles » Вт янв 22, 2019 5:44 am

Previously the format of the URL for the Mass Rating Tool was

www.mywot.com/en/user/xxxxxx/massrate (where xxxxxx is the user id number)

The new format of the URL is

www.mywot.com/en/user/xxxxxx/mass-rating
Последний раз редактировалось MarkGiles Вт янв 22, 2019 6:27 am, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

MarkGiles

Problems with the Mass Rating Tool

Сообщение MarkGiles » Вт янв 22, 2019 5:55 am

These problems were already previously reported, but are not yet addressed.

Mass Rating Tool. This was updated, but the update removed a number of previously useful functions.

PROBLEM 1
Error message: "Something went wrong, please try again later"
This is intermittent, and may last for several minutes before it is recovered. There are work-arounds, so this has dropped in priority.

PROBLEM 2
All URLs have to be comma separated instead of the previous situation, optionally one per line.
[EDIT: Fixed Jan 28 2019]

PROBLEM 3
And another surprise is to find that if you submit more than 100 it no longer processes the first 100 and allows you to submit again for the remainder.

PROBLEM 4
The rating selections and the comments are cleared from one submission to the next, necessitating additional work by the MRT user.

PROBLEM 5
The previous version accepted the variable symbol !domain in the message, and replaced it the actual domain name being mass rated. Now it does not make the replacement, so that you can no longer have a customized message.

PROBLEM 6
This was a fault introduced in a previous update. You cannot format the message with new lines, spacing etc to make it more readable. Instead, every line is run on to the next. No new lines, no new paragraphs. This makes your carefully formatted text practically unreadable.

PROBLEM 7
Unlike the previous version, there is no facility to mass delete a previous set of rated URLs. Sure, you can submit new ratings to replace the previous ones, but that is not always what you want to do.
Последний раз редактировалось MarkGiles Вс янв 27, 2019 11:12 pm, всего редактировалось 3 раза.

Myxt

Re: Problems with the Mass Rating Tool

Сообщение Myxt » Вт янв 22, 2019 12:19 pm

MarkGiles писал(а): ↑
Вт янв 22, 2019 5:55 am
[... items ...]
I emailed what you wrote here
https://forum.mywot.com/support-f6/support-f6/problems-with-the-website-t59162-s150.html#p267519
to Support, telling them it is a very good description and encouraging them to review this topic.

Vanilla response: "Thanks for sharing. Will forward to developers."

That's all I know.

TechnoBear

Сообщение TechnoBear » Чт янв 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Activity points are accrued on a logarithmic scale; so as you progress from zero to platinum, (a) the same effort yields fewer activity points = (b) it takes more effort to accrue activity points.
I understand that, but no points at all for 20+ reviews seems very minimal. Oh well, it is what it is.
especially as one who rated about 45 domains in all of 2018
Yes. I removed the add-on after privacy concerns and find the multiple exhortations to reinstall it every time I visit the site so annoying, I do use the site less than I used to.
Make sure your browsers' versions are current
I use latest Firefox on Ubuntu (always). Whatever was causing the issue of reviews not showing seems to have resolved itself, as it is no longer occurring.

Thank you for your responses and your time.
I didn't use the forums until some years after I first created my WOT account, so that may well be correct.

Myxt

Сообщение Myxt » Пт янв 25, 2019 6:33 am

Чт янв 24, 2019 1:51 pm
... seems to have resolved itself ...
I'm glad for that - my knowledge of Linux would entirely fill a small thimble.

spectre

Re: Problems with the Mass Rating Tool / Message from Support

Сообщение spectre » Пн янв 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Myxt писал(а): ↑
Вт янв 22, 2019 12:19 pm
MarkGiles писал(а): ↑
Вт янв 22, 2019 5:55 am
[... items ...]
I emailed what you wrote here
https://forum.mywot.com/support-f6/support-f6/problems-with-the-website-t59162-s150.html#p267519
to Support, telling them it is a very good description and encouraging them to review this topic.

Vanilla response: "Thanks for sharing. Will forward to developers."

That's all I know.
Apparently some issues with the MRT have been fixed:
1. Using !Domain at comments is now available.
2. The form doesn't delete after SUBMIT.
3. The users can separate URL's with commas, spaces or by clicking enter.
I have not tested the MRT to confirm this.

Ответить