MarkGiles wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:22 am
I select View Full Report

Instead of displaying the report, I get

Code: Select all

We couldn't find reviews for
overnightholiday.com
Be the first to write a review and help others with your feedback
This one is not prefixed with "/en", as in "/enovernightholiday.com" so it could be that your add-on knew you had rated it, but the built-in delay period (if that still exists) had not expired. When I now click "View Full Scorecard" from the extension's pop-up, I go to the correct scorecard - which shows an aggregate score of "Unknown" to the global community of WoT users.
____

@MyWOT-Team:

Since one of WoT's main purposes is to warn global users of bad sites, how does one intrepid, reliable member cause those users to get a meaningful pop-up and blocking of a malicious site? Hopefully the answer is not that the scorecard simply needs more ratings by people who got scammed or infected.

MarkGiles

Re: Problems with the website

Post by MarkGiles » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:29 am

OK, then this is the second part of the above mass-rating problem.

After getting the

We couldn't find reviews for overnightholiday.com 
I can then select the one star, the categories, and redo the description in the new one-screen interface.

After that, the categories are immediately updated.

But that is a very tedious solution and does not address the failure of the mass-rating tool.

MarkGiles

Post by MarkGiles » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:23 pm

Other examples randomly selected from my hundreds of reviews for Eva Parmacy's Canadian Health&Care Mall, registered with Russian registrar R01

globalmedssupply.su
magicsmartgroup.su
naturalaidreward.su
newherbselement.su
puretablettrade.su
safehotoutlet.su
thesmartelement.su

These were mass-rated, with category selections indicating they were illegal.
The reviews are there, but the icon is grey or yellow, there is no warning pop-up, no category selections, even though the comments are present.

The mass-rating tool is broken and needs repair.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:38 am

For the developers, in addition to the above issues, here is how the MRT is supposed to work:
https://www.mywot.com/wiki/index.php/Mass_rating_tool

NotBuyingIt

Re: Problems with the website (MRT)

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:15 pm

Myxt wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:38 am
For the developers, in addition to the above issues, here is how the MRT is supposed to work:
https://www.mywot.com/wiki/index.php/Mass_rating_tool
I believe (but haven't sought official confirmation) that two policy changes may have intentionally been implemented after the WoT Wiki webpage was last edit in 2016:
  • At the suggestion of influential members of the WoT users community who have MRT privileges, the tool may no longer be automatically granted upon reaching the Platinum level.
  • The weight of ratings submitted via the MRT may be reduced, compared with ratings which the same user submits via scorecards.

MarkGiles

Post by MarkGiles » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 am

ONE: Quote from the mass rating tool wiki entry at https://www.mywot.com/wiki/index.php/Mass_rating_tool :
Reputation rating
All domain entries that are mass rated will be given the same reputation rating that you select in this section of the mass rating tool. It is exactly the same as making selections on either the Scorecard or within the Rating window.
That is no longer working, and needs to be fixed. A fix that changes the above wording would be ridiculous, by the way!

TWO:
Mass delete
Each Scorecard has the ability for a user to remove their comments and to delete their ratings for a website. The mass rating tool also provides this ability to work with more than one domain at a time. This is useful if you have rated compromised websites that are no longer compromised and wish to remove you comments and ratings from them. Simply enter the list of domains into the domain entry box, check mark this component's option and click Submit. Your previous ratings will be deleted and your comments removed.
This function would be extremely useful, but no longer exists. THus there are many thousands as sites reviewed as illegal, frauds, etc that have been cleaned up, but still carry an obsolete rating.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:48 am

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:22 am
Hi Mark, this issue has been fixed! :D
Thanks for sharing it with us and please keep us posted if you discover any new bugs!
This is not fixed. Let's step through the process.

I load a web site and discover it is a fraud
http://overnightholiday.com

I click on the mywot icon on my address bar, and select the one-star, then select the categories that apply and fill in the evaluation comments

Later I load the site again. I get the expected pop-up

Careful!
You gave this site a low rating in the past. Proceed with caution.
View Full Report
I select View Full Report

Instead of displaying the report, I get

We couldn't find reviews for
overnightholiday.com
Hi Mark, Sometimes it might take some time for WOT algorithm to calculate and add the review to the scorecard. Please check the previous sites you have ranked, the issue should be solved now.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:34 am

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 am
... there are many thousands as sites reviewed as illegal, frauds, etc that have been cleaned up, but still carry an obsolete rating.
... further complicated by the fact that we cannot find sites rated anonymously (without comments) unless we kept meticulous notes indefinitely.

ATM, our rating-user profiles show only 10 domains (only those with comments) at a time in a social media style "infinite scroll" (you think you are seeing more than 10 - hold that thought). Someone who rated (with comments) 150,000 sites would have to scroll down 15,000 times to see the earliest sites. Even if he had sufficient time, (RAM,) and a new keyboard, it is possible to Select and Copy only the 10-15 items nearest to the viewport.

Or try this: Go to your profile/ratings. Select and copy a domain name near the top of the list. Scroll down a few pages. Try using your browser's Find feature to find the domain name you just copied. Not found? Scroll back up: ah, there it is. That's because "infinite scroll" conserves memory by loading only a little more than your viewport can display.

If you want to know whether you already rated abc.xyz, the best way is to look at its scorecard. If you have a large list ... let's just say that WoT has rules limiting automated queries. Now if you could simply download a .ZIP of all your ratings and comments, it would be splendid.
____

@MarkGiles - I haven't tested recently: does the MRT still fail above 100 domains per session per 7-10 minutes?
@MyWOT-Team - That's also in the Wiki/MRT.

MarkGiles

Failure of MRT to update categories.

Post by MarkGiles » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:30 pm

I am sure you are trying to be helpful. But after waiting a week, and seeing the same issue, I can assure you that despite your optimism this issue is clearly a problem that has not been fixed.

Can you perform your own experiment and see if it occurs for you as well as me?

By the way, the 3 that I quoted as examples -
blingseatra.com
domaintravelling-my.com
sakuratra.com

Because these are serious fraud sites that need to be red-flagged, I used the work-around solution and ranked them individually to protect the innocent, vulnerable, and naive.
Last edited by MarkGiles on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkGiles

MRT limited submission rate

Post by MarkGiles » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:39 pm

@MarkGiles - I haven't tested recently: does the MRT still fail above 100 domains per session per 7-10 minutes?
@MyWOT-Team - That's also in the Wiki/MRT.

I was trying to keep each problem separate, but here is the next one.

Refer to https://www.mywot.com/wiki/index.php/Ma ... limitation
Submit limitation
Submits are limited to 100 per 10 minutes. With each submission allowing up to 100 domains, you are limited to 10,000 domains per 10 minutes. This limitation is in place to stop a malfunctioning add-on or a bot from causing excessive server load.
The current MRT limit on submission rate is set less than 200 updates (100 URLs/domains) per several minutes.

First thing this morning I submitted one MRT request for 100 domains. It was accepted.
I then submitted my next 100
"Something went wrong, please try again later"

Sometimes it will take two submissions in quick succession, but never 3 submissions of 100.