To everyone @ WOT , HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

To everyone @ WOT , HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 am

I will like to wish every member of WOT a happy thanksgiving!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving [T]
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%94%D0 ... 0%B8%D1%8F
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%ADa_ ... de_Gracias
I learned about this tradition, when I first came to this country and though every day is a day to give thanks.............. I appreciate the family getting together at the table and having a nice conversation and a good meal
My best wishes to you on this day and remember not to be a turkey and be safe with WOT

williKi

RE: To everyone @ WOT , HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

Post by williKi » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks, back to you.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:35 am

Hope it was a good one.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:40 pm

@williKi = Thanks:-)
@Myxt = It was a great one!

My sister made a dinner from scratch, for at least ten and there was left overs, my favorite

I was surprised at the cranberry sauce [usually is too tart for my taste] she used pineapple and orange juice and was able to balance the taste in such way that, it was perfect, I asked her to email or write to "The Old farmer's Almanac" and send the recipe to share with others and maybe even win the $500 prize award or the second place, which it should be half of that price award, in the recipe colum
Her pecan pie, was outstanding and the potatoes in their organic, non gmo as the rest, was mouth watering, the one thing missing was the maize, I don't recall why she didn't serve any this year, but she worked very hard for two days, in this dinner and her hard work showed, she is amazing in her cooking............... Oh let me mention the pumpkin pie,Is by far the best I ever had, maybe I will bother her to make me some sweet potato pie or berry pie, which I love............. There is something magical about those berries, I love them all
Yes, it was great and I hope that everyone had dinner with family, as I did
Sadly, it became apparent that is harder than I thought, when it comes to be a vegetarian :-)
Thank you

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 am

<quote user="super hero!">Sadly, it became apparent that is harder than I thought, when it comes to be a vegetarian[/quote]Even walking is hard until you acquire experience. Before you know it, they want you to play tennis.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:37 pm

<quote user="myxt">
Even walking is hard until you acquire experience. Before you know it, they want you to play tennis.
[/quote]

Alas, the paradox of paradoxes as experience comes, no longer the strength is there or the desire and as the prophet once said
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:49 am

<quote user="super hero!">
Alas, the paradox of paradoxes as experience comes, no longer the strength is there or the desire and as the prophet once said
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything
[/quote]
One doc is trouble enough. A paradox can be deadly.

Another (prophet) said, "What is the benefit if a man gains the world but loses his soul?"

Yet others from India and China would interpret "sans everything" as Everything.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:29 pm

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
What is the benefit if a man gains the world but loses his soul?"

[green][cite]For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.[/cite][/green]

For him anything and everything, is my daily prayer that, in that day I can stand before him, without doubt or fear and say: I am forgiven and saved by the only sacrifice that was acceptable
As he said =
[cite]It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance[/cite]
For my sins I am cured, though in this case if my fault was to have eaten the flesh of a fowl
Then what should I worry about?
[cite]The spiritual person judges all things,[green] but is himself to be judged by no one.[/green] [/cite]
Shalom and happy Christmas to everyone and may this coming year be a blessing