Welcome

MyWOT-Team

RE: Welcome

Post by MyWOT-Team » Tue May 24, 2016 7:53 am

Is someone going to find a way to develop WOT for ios?

It's too early to say exactly when it will be released - but it's in development :)

Reaper 1610

Post by Reaper 1610 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:50 pm

The first version only works with Chrome and native Android browsers - we're working on a version that will work with Firefox as well :)

Thanks, that's good to know!

Rochelle.Joly

Post by Rochelle.Joly » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:02 am

Hello,

Is this app also available for Windows phone and Apple Phone?

Thanks
Rochelle

anna johansen

Post by anna johansen » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:26 am

Hi i am now trying wot on my android 6 with chrome. i have some questions. when i go in to chrome and serch i do not get any red or green marks besides searches. werent it supposed to work as an add-on, or am i mistaken?

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi i am now trying wot on my android 6 with chrome. i have some questions. when i go in to chrome and serch i do not get any red or green marks besides searches. werent it supposed to work as an add-on, or am i mistaken?

Hi, the current version for Android does not present warning popups for Android 6 and above - but that's about to change this week, with the release of a new version compatible with all browsers on Android 6+.
In any case, you will not see WOT icons next to search results. Instead, you will see a warning popup and the option to "go back" when you click a link that is red.
Kind regards,

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 pm

I tested thoroughly WOT mobile security and I am certain that it does not currently show icons for links in search results. It does not support this function. however I am sure it will,but not at present.
the only good alternative that shows icons in search and even on wikipedia pages, + gives warnings for bad reputation + icon after address bar for entered websites is Tap&Trust browser. there is only one little possible problem, (for me personally) it does not allow me to login, leave comments and rate sites. https://www.mywot.com/wiki/WOT_Mobile#Tap.26Trust_Browser

anna johansen

Post by anna johansen » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi, the current version for Android does not present warning popups for Android 6 and above - but that's about to change this week, with the release of a new version compatible with all browsers on Android 6+.
In any case, you will not see WOT icons next to search results. Instead, you will see a warning popup and the option to "go back" when you click a link that is red.
Kind regards,

okey. but in chrome i searched for a bad website/bad link on google and there was no red colour on the link. seems that it doesnt integrstes with google chrome. would be nice to know when a link is potentially dangerous on my phone too in searchresults