Immunet Free Cloud-AV

wehaveitall

Update

Post by wehaveitall » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:10 am

I found that there is an option in the settings to disable the automatic deletion of detected files. Immunet support has yet to respond.

We rate the websites, the WOT staff creates, and advertises the add-on, and together, we make it all happen.

wehaveitall

In response to my email

Post by wehaveitall » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:06 am

Although there are some grammatical mistakes, Immunet did respond to my email to them regarding the automatic quarantining of files in a timely fashion.

Mr. Gelbart,
I apologize for you quarantined file. In Settings, do you have the quarantine behavior set to "Automatic" or "Ask Me"? "Ask Me" should prompt you for restoration of the file right away.

As you pointed out, the decision on how to handle a malicious file is not an easy one. However, we decided to immediately meet the needs of the majority and plan on going back and readdressing quarantining int he future.
--Millard

We rate the websites, the WOT staff creates, and advertises the add-on, and together, we make it all happen.

c۞g

@ wehaveitall

Post by c۞g » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:37 am

WB, indeed long time no post.

I agree with MassimilianoF
This is a potentially dangerous bug. In case of an FP, the AV could wipe critical files and data stored on PC

The option to automatically delete versus an option to "ask what to do" Ask should *always* be default.

Remember Neo, "there is no cloud"
rather it's "next-generation peer-to-peer"

-------
WOT Services Ltd. - gives us safety through Web of Trust.
WOT Community - gives us security through unity.
Thank you all
- G7W