redditstore.net

RedditStore

RE: redditstore.net

Post by RedditStore » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:51 am

Here is just another example of exactly what I am talking about, a review left on my WOT page;
Scam

This site offers a service that violates the TOS of facebook, Twitter and so on. When creating an account on those platforms you agree to these Term of Service. This is a legal contract. When violating these TOS you commit a statutory violation that can be avenged juridically and may result in your account beeing deleted including everything you have acchieved.

The legal action may be taken against those who offer the service and those who make use of it.

In addition, these likes don't rise your traffic, number of visitors or shoppers

When those accounts will be banned, it's likey that you will lose the likes again and your account may be banned, too.
This right here DOES NOT even mention what I sell, literally. I have nothing to do with Facebook or Twitter, a blatant copy and pasted reply left by spammers.

procyon

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:03 am

@RedditStore
Please, edit [url=https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/75764-redditstore-net#comment-361472 t=_self]your message[/url] and disable live links which are not related to mywot.com. See: https://www.mywot.com/en/guidelines/forum-guidelines

RedditStore

Post by RedditStore » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:30 am

<quote user="procyon">
@RedditStore
Please, edit [url=https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/75764-redditstore-net#comment-361472 t=_self]your message[/url] and disable live links which are not related to mywot.com. See: https://www.mywot.com/en/guidelines/forum-guidelines
[/quote]

Done sorry about that, can you please address my concerns above and also give me some insight on how a site that sells its users data without prior consent can be so hypocritical as to act as the internet police?

I am also struggling to find where I have "threatened" mywot.com users as stated by the user "Site-rater". I also want to know if he is employed by you? That name is borderline impersonating for new users like me, if I had not of had a moderator comment to see you have a userbadge I would think he was staff when he clearly is not.
MRT note - Please PM me if any ratings I make using the Mass Rating Tool or by manual means are incorrect or outdated. Note that I only use the MRT sparingly; it is best suited to those in the web security business who maintain blacklists and/or whitelists.
As you can see in his profile he clearly uses automated tools to leave reviews? So, is this something that is acceptable here?

procyon

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:50 am

There are two opposing visions in this thread.
Your site is free of malwares, and respects laws, so it deserves a green rating.
The other one states your site violates tos, and one consequence could be to have accounts banned. So the red rating will help people who are not aware of consequences to be warned. But someone who is aware of these risks, won't be stopped by comments.

You talked about Fiverr. Some active members, also rated it red for same reasons. But, Fiverr has more traffic than your site, and it receives a lot of ratings from people who don't care about these services that some microworkers can offer and are maybe more focused on other services which are "legit". That's why it has a green rating.

Members who rated your sites, are not known as spammers but as active members. What you noticed as a copy/past text could be explained by a special forum thread where sites offering similar services are listed:
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/18624-buy-facebook-twitter-likes-followers

procyon

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:01 pm

<quote user="redditstore">
Done sorry about that, can you please address my concerns above and also give me some insight on how a site that sells its users data without prior consent can be so hypocritical as to act as the internet police?
[/quote]
WOT is a community which can be joined by every persons who want to give their time to help. So it's not really a question of privacy here, but there are some threads elsewhere in the forum if you want to discuss about it.

I am also struggling to find where I have "threatened" mywot.com users as stated by the user "Site-rater". I also want to know if he is employed by you? That name is borderline impersonating for new users like me, if I had not of had a moderator comment to see you have a userbadge I would think he was staff when he clearly is not.
[/quote]

Moderators and members are not employees of mywot. You can find the list of moderators here: https://www.mywot.com/wiki/Forum_Moderator

As you can see in his profile he clearly uses automated tools to leave reviews? So, is this something that is acceptable here?
[/quote]

If you want to know more about the mass rating tool:
https://www.mywot.com/wiki/Mass_rating_tool

RedditStore

Post by RedditStore » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 pm

<quote user="procyon">
There are two opposing visions in this thread.
Your site is free of malwares, and respects laws, so it deserves a green rating.
The other one states your site violates tos, and one consequence could be to have accounts banned. So the red rating will help people who are not aware of consequences to be warned. But someone who is aware of these risks, won't be stopped by comments.

You talked about Fiverr. Some active members, also rated it red for same reasons. But, Fiverr has more traffic than your site, and it receives a lot of ratings from people who don't care about these services that some microworkers can offer and are maybe more focused on other services which are "legit". That's why it has a green rating.

Members who rated your sites, are not known as spammers but as active members. What you noticed as a copy/past text could be explained by a special forum thread where sites offering similar services are listed:
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/18624-buy-facebook-twitter-likes-followers
[/quote]

That is a fair explanation and of course true. The TOS states on various sites "boosting views" is against terms of service but it still does not explain why you condone your users to ruin the reputation of sites. The definition of unethical is not morally correct however I see spitefully left reviews for no other reason than me disagreeing with ones point of view. I will again use "Site-rater" as an example.

He states I am illegally selling Reddit accounts, a terms of service is not criminal law it is a user agreement between site and user which is a civil matter is it not? Copyright infringement is a civil matter is it not? How can one label something as "illegal" when its pure fiction. How can one accuse me of threatening users of the forum when all I did was insult him. Granted, its not professional to insult somebody but I am also rightfully entitled to freedom of speech as long as it does not incite violence am I right? I have not incited violence I simply expressed my feelings in a colourful manor something which I have and will refrain from doing as you have told me you do not tolerate it on these forums.

Your website and your tolerance for people to post incorrect slander has a direct result to site traffic, potential customers and everything people work hard for. Practice what you preach, while I dont hold you personally responsible a site which sells its customers data without permission cannot simply portray to be a haven for reliable data on if a site is "safe" or "unsafe".

Regardless, I can see the general IQ level of some members here and I will be doing my best to never use this service again. If you would answer one final question, who do I contact to have my personal data removed from your site. I recall reading in your terms of service personal information can be removed upon request.

procyon

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:25 pm

You can contact support through this form: https://www.mywot.com/contact
"Support request" and then you can report comments you found inappropriate and also ask to have your data removed.
You can also do it by yourself https://www.mywot.com/profile => "Edit profile" => "Delete account".

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello. In US and I believe EU jurisdictions it is generally accepted that torts (civil violations) contravene law and are thus illegal.
In my US state it is considered illegal to drive above the speed limit but violations under 25mph over are handled in civil court not criminal court.
That said, sites like reddit reserve the right to take action under the law should someone not cease and desist their harmful actions against a service.
Your contact goes to a misspelled, non-resolving domain name.

RedditStore

Post by RedditStore » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:44 pm

<quote user="site-rater">
Hello. In US and I believe EU jurisdictions it is generally accepted that torts (civil violations) contravene law and are thus illegal.
In my US state it is considered illegal to drive above the speed limit but violations under 25mph over are handled in civil court not criminal court.
That said, sites like reddit reserve the right to take action under the law should someone not cease and desist their harmful actions against a service.
Your contact goes to a misspelled, non-resolving domain name.
[/quote]

Firstly, do not use speeding as a comparison to my site as it has no relevance. A terms of service on a website IS NOT criminal if broken end of discussion.

Secondly, REDDIT take legal civil action. You need to learn the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL as well as CRIMINAL and CIVIL.

Please do not assume the sites jurisdiction as well, thank you.

Secondly please read the clear notice on the homepage;
Notice - We are currently changing domains to comply with trademarking laws, you may notice errors around the site. These will be fixed shortly.
Also site-rater, please share where I threatened you.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:48 pm

According to the United States FTC, fake social media likes (karma is the reddit equivalent to a like) can result in enforcement action:
<quote user="https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking#social">
An advertiser buying fake “likes” is very different from an advertiser offering incentives for “likes” from actual consumers. If “likes” are from non-existent people or people who have no experience using the product or service, they are clearly deceptive, and both the purchaser and the seller of the fake “likes” could face enforcement action.
[/quote]