c۞g

RE: Planned Changes - Community Update

Post by c۞g » Sat May 27, 2017 10:03 pm

:/

User profile => My posts

I see my posts.
They all reside in "Forum"
The forum name (group) is not displayed
The forum topic (discussion) is not displayed.
The link to "my post/reply" (permalink) is no longer displayed.

Also.
The "last post" icon in the forum index is still broken, has been for quite awhile.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sat May 27, 2017 10:12 pm

<quote user="site-rater">Finally, Tor Browser is indicating that the mywot.com homepage is attempting to read canvas data. Are you attempting to use canvas fingerprinting?[/quote]

This started back in 2012(?) when the "New forum" was implemented by Timo

_https://3g2upl4pq6kufc4m.onion/?q=Tor+html5+canvas+warning

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Do you plan on upgrading the wiki, either to MediaWiki 1.27.3 LTS or to 1.28.2, and possibly reopening edit privileges?

Do you plan on fixing the longstanding bug where sites can only be validated via insecure http and not https? I would think from a development perspective that it should be quite easy to fix.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:43 am

<quote user="site-rater">
Finally, Tor Browser is indicating that the mywot.com homepage is attempting to read canvas data. Are you attempting to use canvas fingerprinting?
[/quote]

You can block that with Palemoon. It also can be possible to add or extend this capability through extensions- including some that would work through Tor.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun May 28, 2017 1:39 pm

<quote user="c۞g">
User profile => My posts

I see my posts.
They all reside in "Forum"
The forum name (group) is not displayed
The forum topic (discussion) is not displayed.
The link to "my post/reply" (permalink) is no longer displayed.
[/quote]

I notice that the curious bug is only seen on the first page of listings under c۞g's "My posts" tab; the next few pages of his listings seem OK. I don't currently encounter that defect on the equivalent page of mine or other users.
&nbsp;

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:01 am

One improvement is my browser now populates the username/password to log in again. That had been broken a long time.

redblade7

Post by redblade7 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:46 pm

STILL with the infinite amount of nonsense scorecards per (sub)domain bug though. The developers still refuse to provide information on why this critical bug has been in existence for years and not fixed. My only guess is that it aided in tracking as was exposed in the scandal.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:59 pm

<quote user="redblade7">
STILL with the infinite amount of nonsense scorecards per (sub)domain bug though. The developers still refuse to provide information on why this critical bug has been in existence for years and not fixed. My only guess is that it aided in tracking as was exposed in the scandal.
[/quote]

However, the add-on looks up the scorecard correctly.
Perhaps the add-on should download a list regularly of domains that have subdirectories as subdomains so it only sends that information when absolutely necessary?
Of course the add-on is no longer updated on GitHub so one can no longer post a "Pull Request" to propose such a patch.

redblade7

Post by redblade7 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 am

<quote user="site-rater">
However, the add-on looks up the scorecard correctly.
Perhaps the add-on should download a list regularly of domains that have subdirectories as subdomains so it only sends that information when absolutely necessary?
[/quote]

Or maybe something stupid like cutting off everything from a string after and including single forward slash?

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:04 am

<quote user="redblade7">
Or maybe something stupid like cutting off everything from a string after and including single forward slash?
[/quote]

While most scorecards are at the DNS name granularity, some provider's such as Twitter are rated at a user account granularity, encoding it as a punycode subdomain.
By having a downloadable list it would tell the add-on the maximum amount of data to send in the query.