Please evaluate www.riceinsurance.com

StanAdams

Please evaluate www.riceinsurance.com

Post by StanAdams » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 pm

EDIT: I provide 3rd party IT support for Rice insurance, owner of www.riceinsurance.com. I do not provide the website development or hosting. I work directly for the company owner James Fritz through a contract with my employer NW Technology. Our role is normally limited to network infrastructure, but James asked me me to assist in getting this issue resolved because the folks involved in the website development and hosting (who caused this problem in the first place) seem disinterested in fixing their problem.

In December a new version of the website went live and for reasons unknown to me the website was flagged as possible malicious by several reporting agencies. The web developer fixed whatever the problem was, and now riceinsurance shows up only on MyWOT. Please scan and clear if possible.

Site URL - www.riceinsurance.com

Scorecard - https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/riceinsurance.com

Introduction - Rice nsurance Company is an independent insurance agency in Bellingham WA providing for commercial and personal insurance needs. The website provides company information concerning products and services and has a portal for customer self service.

Privacy policy - https://www.riceinsurance.com/privacy-policy/

Contact site owner - https://www.riceinsurance.com/contact/

Who Is - http://whois.domaintools.com/riceinsurance.com
Last edited by StanAdams on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spectre

Re: Please evaluate www.riceinsurance.com

Post by spectre » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Your site has been hosting Phishing pages.
This shows the most recent reports:

See hxxps://checkphish.ai/domain/riceinsurance.com

Your web developer has not fixed the problem, they have only removed the Phishing URLS from your site.
You will continue to have problems until your site's security is improved.
See hxxps://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=riceinsurance.com

StanAdams

Post by StanAdams » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Thank you very much. The information you provided is very valuable.

StanAdams

Post by StanAdams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:19 pm

The web develop[er cleanup the site and moved it to a new IP address and server. www.riceinsurance.com, now reports clean on checkphish.ai
Can you please rescan to clear the reputation on MyWOT?
Thanks!!

StanAdams

Post by StanAdams » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm

EDIT: I provide 3rd party IT support for Rice insurance, owner of www.riceinsurance.com. I do not provide the website development or hosting. I work directly for the company owner James Fritz through a contract with my employer NW Technology. Our role is normally limited to network infrastructure, but James asked me me to assist in getting this issue resolved because the folks involved in the website development and hosting (who caused this problem in the first place) seem disinterested in fixing their problem.

I apologize to the board for not knowing the rules and etiquette of the board. When I received no response to my request for re-evaluation I posted in the original thread I then posted a new thread. Apparently this is frowned upon. I was also accused by a moderator of "bumping" this original thread simply by making my request and I was told this is unfair. All I know is my website is still listed by my MyWOT even though corrective action has been taken, and it is affecting customers visiting the website, and therefore affecting the business the website is supposed to perform. A message from a moderator (which I cannot reply to, btw)said that not many people are evaluating websites right now. So, having taken corrective action, how am I supposed to get a clean rating? Any help is appreciated.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:23 pm

StanAdams wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm
I was also accused by a moderator of "bumping" this original thread simply by making my request and I was told this is unfair.

A message from a moderator (which I cannot reply to, btw)said that not many people are evaluating websites right now.
That would be my private message (PM), dated 13-August-2019, in which I explained:
"Some active reviewers may only visit the forum once or twice during a month, so you may need to wait several weeks more before receiving any responses."

I also recommended:
"You may post additional, substantial information which is relevant to your site evaluation at any time; however please wait six weeks from your last post if you only want to bump the thread."

StanAdams wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm
So, having taken corrective action, how am I supposed to get a clean rating? Any help is appreciated.
@StanAdams,
In can't predict how much this would help, but on 27-June-2019 another moderator advised:
Scorecard comments should state your relationship with the website you are commenting on.
"Please identify yourself as the owner of a website or working for a company owning a site if you are commenting on it."
Please read all the guidelines https://www.mywot.com/guidelines & FAQs https://www.mywot.com/faq
Likewise, on 13-September-2019 (a month after my previously cited remarks), I offered my standard suggestion:
2.) Ref: https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/riceinsurance.com#comment-90843913

Of course, WoT welcomes your scorecard comments. However, when you post a comment on the WoT scorecard for your own site, you are expected to declare your relationship to the site in your comment. Otherwise, some WoT users may rate your site adversely for deception because they suspect that you are pretending to be a disinterested reviewer. You may wish to edit your comment as soon as possible and add the declaration. See the WoT guidelines paragraph beginning ‘Be truthful'.
Whilst you have very recently elaborated in this site evaluation thread about your connection with riceinsurance.com, your have never updated your scorecard comment as I suggested might help. I thought that you might consider appending some simple parenthetical sentence to your comment; e.g., "(I have worked for this site.)"

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:28 am

Malwarebytes Premium is still blocking the site as phishing. After confirming ALL phishing pages have been removed and that the exploits that got them there have been patched, you will want to contact them for removal.

StanAdams

Post by StanAdams » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 pm

I have contacted malwarebytes.org and they have de-listed the site www.riceinsurance.com

A440

Post by A440 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello and welcome to WOT.

Your site now appears to be safe and free of viri.
It appears you do need to improve your site security though.

Rated.