Site Evaluation Please! BellyBelly.com.au

BBKelly

Site Evaluation Please! BellyBelly.com.au

Post by BBKelly » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:04 am

Site URL - www.bellybelly.com.au

Scorecard - https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/bellybelly.com.au

Introduction - BellyBelly has been online for 16+ years, and has a readership of 1-2 million readers per month, with around 1 million Facebook fans. We're passionate about helping women and men get informed and feeling confident about pregnancy, birth and early parenting. Given the massive brand trust and industry endorsements, it's sad to see BellyBelly be unfairly targeted by a specific group to bring the reputation down based on one topic which is a very small part of the whole website. I could provide endless testimonials not only from our readers, but medical professionals alike. Such as:

“I frequently suggest women get unbiased information from BellyBelly. I find it so refreshing to find a writer who researches her work well, (and is as evidence-based as I am), who hasn’t allowed ‘academia’ to get in the way of her mother-to-mother approach using easy to understand language.” — Eleanor Gates MMid (Hons), RN, RM, IBCLC

Privacy policy - https://www.bellybelly.com.au/privacy/

Contact the site owners - https://www.bellybelly.com.au/contact/

Whois information - please generate a link to your site’s “whois” database. See this example on how to do so: http://whois.domaintools.com/bellybelly.com.au

Ownership verification - completed!

Thank you very much, I hope there can be an unbiased and understanding review - with such a huge readership over a very long time, and so many testimonials, I feel BellyBelly has been unfairly rated. Especially some of the negative reviews are a day apart from each other - it was a co-ordinated attack.

NotBuyingIt

Re: Site Evaluation Please! BellyBelly.com.au

Post by NotBuyingIt » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:45 pm

BBKelly wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:04 am
Scorecard - https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/bellybelly.com.au

Thank you very much, I hope there can be an unbiased and understanding review - with such a huge readership over a very long time, and so many testimonials, I feel BellyBelly has been unfairly rated. Especially some of the negative reviews are a day apart from each other - it was a co-ordinated attack.
@BBKelly, welcome to the WoT users' community forums. I notice that over twenty-five entirely favourable scorecard reviews have been posted during the past day or so. Since they don't appear to have swayed your site's reputation score, I find no reason that some earlier "co-ordinate attack" would have swayed the score either. Whilst not always successful, WoT does take measures to resist scorecard manipulation. Please read the following material:
https://support.mywot.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002805494-Can-site-reputations-be-manipulated-

BBKelly

Post by BBKelly » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

Now I know WOT exists I’ll definitely be asking my readers and fans to comment.

I don’t understand how my rating can be so awful, or marked as 18+. There is a lot of amazing content written by trained professionals, their titles/qualifications in the articles.

I looked up the reputation of a blog I know of which had a much higher rating than mine, and it’s full of vitriol and much less suitable for kids. It doesn’t make sense, something from those previous ratings has destroyed my site ratings. If you look at the posters from the negative reviews, they target any sites with natural therapies, even the Australian chiropractor association website. This is deliberate.

How do I change my rating? Why is it so stuck and my reader’s feedback not making any difference?

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:21 pm

Some of the negative comments claim that you support "anti-vax" theories. Is there any truth to that?

These kinds of conspiracy theories can harm both reputation and Child Safety because the avoidance of vaccinations poses a public health risk.

BBKelly

Post by BBKelly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 am

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Can you please take a look at this article for me and let me know what you think.

All my articles are linked to Pubmed or other peer reviewed research journals.

You can see, I am pointing out the difference between what countries to, and what research finding exist, published by researchers, who are not anti-vax. They are researchers wanting to study outcomes and provide reliable info. If BellyBelly is anti-vax, so are peer reviewed researchers.

If you look without bias, you will see these articles are highly informative and even quote health organisations and government departments.

hxxps://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/hepatitis-b- ... necessary/

Also, our tetanus article.

hxxps://www.bellybelly.com.au/health-lifestyle/ ... at-injury/

There are no lies in here. Only facts. Please can you review your decision. I have helped millions of people have informed, amazing experiences. It's unfair to shut down critical thinking and evidence based research just because there are trolls who target sites like mine on sites like yours based on their agenda.

Appreciate it.
Last edited by BBKelly on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

NotBuyingIt

Moderator's notes

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm

1.)
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 am
If you look without bias, you will see these articles are highly informative and even quote health organisations and government departments.

hxxps://www.bellybelly.com.au/baby/hepatitis-b-vaccination-for-babies-is-it-really-necessary/

Also, our tetanus article.

hxxps://www.bellybelly.com.au/health-lifestyle/tetanus-do-you-need-a-shot-for-that-injury/
"Live links" to external sites aren't permitted in the WoT forums and the forum software will often munge lengthy URLs. The forum guidelines explain the permissible way to represent URLs.

2.)
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:34 am
It's unfair to shut down critical thinking and evidence based research just because there are trolls who target sites like mine on sites like yours based on their agenda.
Nobody here is trolling your site or trying "to shut down critical thinking". Obviously, a majority of the public are sceptical of various anti-vaccination claims (should that be an issue with your webesite).

BBKelly

Post by BBKelly » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:03 am

Is there a way I can show you what the content is like, so you can make an assessment if the rating is unfair or not?

I would really like for the rating to be reassessed, because I have put 16+ years of (evidence based) work into doing what I do, and it's very unfair to write it off in a trust tool when millions visit the site for reliable, trustworthy information. Many health and medical professionals recommend BellyBelly and share my articles. I can also show you proof of that - midwives, obstetricians, doctors, all have links to BellyBelly on their own websites.

Myself and my team don't link to dodgy natural and alarmist sites when referencing content, it's mostly peer reviewed journals like BMJ. We reference the WHO, paediatric associations, breastfeeding associations, and other leading bodies.

Whoever rated my site made a wrong decision. The original commenters on my profile/report have gone crazy targeting natural health sites, so it's not exactly an unbiased view... they are people with an agenda.