Welcome

Retarded Joker

RE: Welcome

Post by Retarded Joker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:05 am

It's been almost three weeks. Just wondering what's going on.
Is the development still going on? Or, is there a problem causing a delay or something?
Just curious.
Computer Science Student. Majoring in Security Engineering. Programmer.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:18 am

It's been almost three weeks. Just wondering what's going on.
Is the development still going on? Or, is there a problem causing a delay or something?
Just curious.

I second that!

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:49 pm

WOT for Android is now live on Google Play!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.my.wot

This release comes after we turned user feedback from the beta test into improvements and new features.

We hope you enjoy the app and share it with your friends!

If you have any questions or feedback, this is the place :)
---
MyWOT Team

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:23 pm

WOT for Android is now live on Google Play!

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.my.wot

This release comes after we turned user feedback from the beta test into improvements and new features.

We hope you enjoy the app and share it with your friends!

If you have any questions or feedback, this is the place :)

My feedback =
I my previous post, I was referring to

netxack on Fri 25 Mar 2016
08:18:14 AM UTC
Нет русского языка. Описание сайта как то урезано.

This was my response
The member is right and I have made a point .o constantly ask for a Russian message board, they do a great job, the least that they deserve is a Russian translation of the blog
Thank you

It had nothing to do with the app , my opinion about the app is quite clear
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/54448-wot-android-app?comment=331412#comment-331412
Did you, ever saw it?

I do not speak on behalf of Matiks, but about how I feel about the project that he started, in which many members participated, I was the last and least of all the member to participate by translating to Spanish some functions of the app, in which I worked so hard that I contacted old acquaintances in Spain, just to make sure that, the translation could be understood by most Spanish speaking users in the world, not just in Spain, and internet related, in the process we even helped Google translator, by editing whole sentences that were wrong in Spanish
I like to believe that I did a good job because it was from Matiks , someone that I admire and respect , now my question is
When are you going to recognize him and say
"Thank you, for such a great job, Matiks"
It is the right and ethical thing to do, you can remove my badge of member of the year and give it to him, he deserves it, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging a member that, has done so much for WOT
I have been told that it would be much better to go with "the flow" and say nothing that may contradict the administrators of WOT, but could you imagine everyone staying quiet and saying yes, when deep inside they feel otherwise?
I hope that, when you read this that you understand that because my loyalty to the idea behind WOT, moves me and not the want for arguments

I know what you are capable of doing, but acknowledging what is being done is an added touch of class
With my best regards to MyWOT team
Thank you
edit=
And yes, it would be a good idea to post in the Russian forum as well that the members know what is going on

Armored

I Downloaded & installed the App.

Post by Armored » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Ok your app..firstly It was damn hard to find on the play store using regular searches such as "WOT" "mywot" "wot for android" ect. I kept getting those WOT (World of Tanks) Games showing up. I ended up just copying and pasting the link provided in the Forum directly into my browser. Hopefully the app will show up more readily with regular searches once more people download it.

I noticed that it wasn't designed to let us rate from our browser like the regular add-on. That would have been cool but probably difficult to implement. The design of the App is simple and easy to use. I like the rating "slider" especially how it shows us exactly how many points we are rating a category 1 - 100 in real time. This slider is much better than the one we have on the Desktop add-on and this website! Please allow this function on the desktop as well.

We can't leave comments via the app. I don't care to much about that.
We can't thumbs up or down comments as well. Don't care to much about that either.

A few questions:

1)Can we synchronize the ratings we make via the app with our regular user account? (It doesn't seem that way)
2)The ratings we make through the app are they true ratings that can eventually effect a websites reputation? or do they only give us a personal warning when visiting websites we rated low?
3)If they do affect reputations how can WOT prevent/minimize abuse? I mean it's pretty easy for a user to rate websites twice this way. that's like having multiple accounts isn't it? It's almost encouraging multiple accounts.

Offcourse it's impossible to prevent people using multiple accounts 100% of the time regardless of any precautions we take. Just concerned that this app will make it easier/more convenient.

I guess I was dreaming when I envisioned an Android app that works the same or similar way to the Desktop version- Allowing us to synch our regular WOT account with the app and continue rating with the same account as we always have.

I do like the idea of an android app & like I said I even prefer the accuracy of the rating slider the app offers. I'm also aware that this is the first version of the app & future versions will be inevitably released. I just thought it would be better to mention a few concerns earlier rather than later. I would still like to say well done & thanks for the release:-)

Click Here

MyWOT-Team

RE: I Downloaded & installed the App.

Post by MyWOT-Team » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks for your nice comment and questions :)
Hopefully the app will show up more readily with regular searches once more people download it.
That's also our hope. Please share it so it can rank higher!

1)Can we synchronize the ratings we make via the app with our regular user account? (It doesn't seem that way)
2)The ratings we make through the app are they true ratings that can eventually effect a websites reputation? or do they only give us a personal warning when visiting websites we rated low?
3)If they do affect reputations how can WOT prevent/minimize abuse? I mean it's pretty easy for a user to rate websites twice this way. that's like having multiple accounts isn't it? It's almost encouraging multiple accounts.

1. This version does not synchronize with personal accounts - future versions will.
2. The ratings from the app are currently stored locally - you will get a personal warning when you visit a site you have rated Red. When profiles from the app and browser addon are synchronized these will begin to affect website reputations.
3. When profiles are synchronized we will have abuse counter-measures in place - this is one of our top priorities.
We hope you enjoy the app!
---
MyWOT Team

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Can I suggest adding it to the download page ;) (https://www.mywot.com/en/download)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:04 am

I noticed an update was released, however I do not see any release notes in the Play Store page.
Also, the description in the Play Store appears to be all bold text.
Supposedly WOT Mobile Security is supposed to magically integrate into Chrome for Android? I did a test by loading a red site but nothing happened. Is it actually more like Matiks' old app where it is meant to be set up as a wrapper?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:20 am

Is it actually more like Matiks' old app where it is meant to be set up as a wrapper?

If you have not already done it, I suggest you deinstall the old app I developed. These apps have a similar behavior that might interfere.

Dutch Mountain

RE: I Downloaded & installed the App.

Post by Dutch Mountain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:57 pm

Ok your app..firstly It was damn hard to find on the play store using regular searches such as "WOT" "mywot" "wot for android" ect. I kept getting those WOT (World of Tanks) Games showing up. I ended up just copying and pasting the link provided in the Forum directly into my browser. Hopefully the app will show up more readily with regular searches once more people download it.

I had the app on my Android phone from the beginning and it seems promising to me, though some improvements in next versions are needed. See later.
This week my phone crashed and I needed a new one. That one again is running on Android.
I wanted the app back and I must admit Armored is right. When searching for the app on Google or the Google Play store one gets stuck in a lot of apps for World of tanks.
But I've found it and it's installed on my new phone. Great tool.

About the first sentence :
When I show the app to others who never have heard about it ( or even about WOT ) - e.g. on a birthday or gathering - they're very surprised and directly enthousiast. "Great" / "That's nice" / "Handy tool" and "Where can I download that? "are the comments.
So now it's released it may take some time. But someday "World of tanks" apps will snow under in the search results.
No doubt about that.

I hope that in some next version it will be made possible to go directly to a site after checking that on safety in the app. That two step strategy will make the app very user friendly and - for sure - will give it a boost.

I'm already working with it, but now you need to type the checked URL yourself afterwards in the title bar to get to the site itself.

Great development....... not perfect yet, but you need to begin somewhere.
peterswebsafety.com ( link on my profile page ).