Welcome

MyWOT-Team

Welcome

Сообщение MyWOT-Team » Ср мар 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Let's discuss WOT for Mobile topics here.

Have you tried our new Android Security App? Please check it out and let us know how you like it!
https://www.mywot.com/en/mobile-app
---
MyWOT Team

RE: Welcome

Сообщение Guest » Ср мар 16, 2016 8:40 pm

@MyWOT team =
A dear and knowledgeable friend, from Russia [SK] told me
" WOT AntiVirus for PC? I think it would be quite good to see a new antivirus. Especially resources on creation of new programs are present why not to risk :-)"
And I say, why not?
Please think about this!

I hope that you acknowledge the incredible work of Matiks that for a year, has worked on his idea of the first unofficial app, for WOT
Many members got involved in helping Matiks, from Mystery FCM, A440, Dr.Sumit, CoG,Nick Vini and the others that decided to help anonymously
From coding to translations, the members of WOT were more than gracious to help Matiks to create with simplicity and elegance, WOT's first app, even if it was unofficial, it took WOT to the next level ................. security via trust to where the action is, the cellular world and away from the desktop, as we are dealing with a new business and social paradigm, the mobile users
But he did not stop there, he moved to
MyWOT Android Browser

https://www.mywot.com/forum/64188-mywot-android...
A month ago in his typical way and with the flair that, have become his personal signature, he created the first browser for WOT, I know that My WOT team is being paying attention to his work, now is time to honor him
Thank you and keep up the good work
edited -
Removed from the previous thread!

Site-rater

Сообщение Site-rater » Ср мар 16, 2016 8:43 pm

Does WOT have any plans to make the Firefox add-on compatible with mobile? Firefox for Android already supports add-ons and Adblock Plus is already compatible.
When I go to the Firefox add-on site the install button is grayed out, and if I load the desktop version it indicates it is downloading the add-on but nothing happens after that.

As a quickid suggestion for mobile compatibility, fix the header to make it easier to get into the Forum and make the sliders work with touch; rating sites on mobile is a bit tedious because I cannot "drag" the slider into position; I must tap at it until it drops into the right position.

MyWOT-Team

Сообщение MyWOT-Team » Чт мар 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Does WOT have any plans to make the Firefox add-on compatible with mobile?

Not at present. We developed the app for mobile so that it can serve all browsers and not just Firefox.
---
MyWOT Team

Retarded Joker

Сообщение Retarded Joker » Сб мар 19, 2016 7:48 am

Are you guys planning to create a mobile application for WoT? I know the website automatically adjusts the forum posts on the browsers, depending on the screen size, but I'm talking about a standalone application itself. You can bring forums and reputation discussions into it.
With Matiks creating a browser/add-on kind of application, it would be great to integrate an application alongside with it. To view user comments, you can simply open them up on the mobile app. Or check for reputations within the app itself. The addition of forums will be really helpful. Push notifications will update users when they have forum replies, etc. The ideas are vast.
It is easier to stay connected through the phone, and users can be more active.
Just a suggestion.
Computer Science Student. Majoring in Security Engineering. Programmer.

Сообщение Guest » Сб мар 19, 2016 9:00 am

I know the website automatically adjusts the forum posts on the browsers, depending on the screen size, but I'm talking about a standalone application itself.

I didn't notice this element.

I concur with your idea. A previous version of Tap&Trust embedded the forum (via RSS) and messages were displayed via a list view. I also made a service which notified when there was a new message. But I gave up this idea because it was only in read only (so quite frustrating).

@MyWOT Team
I guess that webservices have been developed to offer WOT on devices. Will you grant the access through the API?

Retarded Joker

Сообщение Retarded Joker » Сб мар 19, 2016 12:06 pm

I didn't notice this element.
It is only applicable for the body of a post. The username and other elements of both the Forums and the Website, still appear tiny and would require an extensive zoom-in to read them. But the message/body of a post appear to be of readable size, automatically, depending on the device's screen size.
That is why I suggested a mobile application.
We could have a 'm.mywot.com' version, but that lacks the feature of Push-Notifications.
Computer Science Student. Majoring in Security Engineering. Programmer.

MyWOT-Team

Сообщение MyWOT-Team » Вт мар 22, 2016 10:55 am

The app will have several of the functionalities mentioned above. To answer a couple of your questions: the app will have its own version of the scorecard and scorecard comments will be visible. You will also be able to search for websites within the app.
We don't want to spoil the surprise and give everything away :) Once it's released, a lot of your questions will be answered.
---
MyWOT Team

Самаритянин

Сообщение Самаритянин » Пт мар 25, 2016 8:18 am

Нет русского языка. Описание сайта как то урезано.

Сообщение Guest » Ср мар 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Нет русского языка. Описание сайта как то урезано.

The member is right and I have made a point .o constantly ask for a Russian message board, they do a great job, the least that they deserve is a Russian translation of the blog
Thank you

Ответить